Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

300 blackout - favorite bullet

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • firemanjoe
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 1066

    300 blackout - favorite bullet

    I've been reloading for many years. I just got into 300 blkout and I'm loving it. Just curious, what is everyone's favorite bullet and bullet weight for this cartridge?
    "...... to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason -
  • #2
    emtnsocali
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 696

    I'm shooting mostly barnes 110g tac-tx reloads but did find some bulk 147g FMJ for fairly cheap $255 for 500. just bought some hornady 208g a-max sub sonic that I'm itching to try. all from a 9.5" blackout pistol.
    si vis pacem para bellvm

    Comment

    • #3
      joelogic
      Calguns Addict
      • May 2008
      • 6593

      These are good bullets.
      Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply has ammo and reloading supplies for sale at cheap prices. Find out why we're the best deal on the web today!
      Micro/Mini Reflex Red Dot Sight Mount for the M1, M1a/M14 platform

      Comment

      • #4
        milotrain
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2011
        • 4301

        Sierra 125 HP Flat Base Match King (2121). It was designed as a match bullet for the 300 BLK. It is basically a production benchrest bullet.

        Sierra Bullets rolled out few new products for SHOT Show 2012. The one new bullet is a .30-caliber flat-based bullet, the 125gr OTM (open-tip match HP) MatchKing, item #2121.
        weg: That device is obsolete now. They replaced it with wizards.
        frank: Wait a minute. There are more than one wizard? Is [are?] the wizard calibrated?

        Comment

        • #5
          username111
          Junior Member
          • Jan 2014
          • 82

          220gr Sierra match king. If I can't find those I go with 208gr Hornady amax.

          Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

          Comment

          • #6
            Rbutler
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2009
            • 675

            i use the 230gr bergers, BUT im switching it up to something a bit cheaper. They are good bullets but for the 300 they are overkill for the price. 208 amax or the 220 SMK behind some aa1680.
            primer, powder, projecile, press, load, fire repeat!

            Comment

            • #7
              3006mv
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2006
              • 1979

              Cast lead lee 230 gr.ers
              "when I hear 'meat is murder' (sic) I think murder is delicious" - Stephen Colbert interview with Morrisey 09.10.12

              I plead the 2nd.

              Comment

              • #8
                rg1
                Member
                • May 2008
                • 274

                If I had to pick only one bullet it'd be the Hornady 110 V-Max. I also shoot Nosler 125 BT's, and like to shoot surplus pulled M80 147 FMJ's. I will try Hornady's 125 SST next. I only shoot supersonic's in 16" Carbine rifles.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Victor Cachat
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2014
                  • 1546

                  Originally posted by milotrain
                  Sierra 125 HP Flat Base Match King (2121). It was designed as a match bullet for the 300 BLK. It is basically a production benchrest bullet.

                  http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...g-from-sierra/
                  I could not get flat base bullets to seat properly in my brass.
                  Democrats>Socialists>Communists - Same goals, different speeds.

                  The most effective and pervasive enemy of American freedoms today is the Legacy Media. Defeat them first.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    6mmintl
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2008
                    • 4822

                    Originally posted by milotrain
                    Sierra 125 HP Flat Base Match King (2121). It was designed as a match bullet for the 300 BLK. It is basically a production benchrest bullet.

                    http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...g-from-sierra/
                    What kind of matches do you guys shoot with the 300AAC?

                    What distance and target s, steel/paper?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Rbutler
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 675

                      Originally posted by Victor Cachat
                      I could not get flat base bullets to seat properly in my brass.
                      FB bullets need the case to be chamferred very well, i use a VLD tool as i had an issue in my 204 with FB bullets. The options are expand the neck which is not preffered for rifle or chamfer with a VLD type tool.

                      without one of those 2 options you will probablyt shave copper.
                      primer, powder, projecile, press, load, fire repeat!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        milotrain
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 2011
                        • 4301

                        Originally posted by 6mmintl
                        What kind of matches do you guys shoot with the 300AAC?
                        I don't, but I use that bullet as a mousefart M1 Garand load for the rapids.
                        weg: That device is obsolete now. They replaced it with wizards.
                        frank: Wait a minute. There are more than one wizard? Is [are?] the wizard calibrated?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          bruss01
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Feb 2006
                          • 5336

                          I'm curious if anyone has tried loading .30 carbine 110 gr soft points?

                          I would bet they would be a great HD round loaded to M1 carbine velocities.

                          I'm hoping to try this sometime this spring and hoping to hear from someone who has done it.
                          The one thing worse than defeat is surrender.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            firemanjoe
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2012
                            • 1066

                            Originally posted by bruss01
                            I'm curious if anyone has tried loading .30 carbine 110 gr soft points?

                            I would bet they would be a great HD round loaded to M1 carbine velocities.

                            I'm hoping to try this sometime this spring and hoping to hear from someone who has done it.
                            I picked up some 110gr sierra varmiter bullets to try as a HD load.
                            "...... to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason -

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              mesojdm
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2011
                              • 521

                              Varmint: 110gr (Vmax, Varmegeddon, TTSX)
                              Mid Size Game: 125gr (SST, TNT, Nosler Balistics)
                              Plinker: 147gr M80 pulls (or whatever you can find cheaper)
                              Subs: 208 Amax, 220 SMK, 230gr Heavies(make sure barrel twist supports it)
                              Powder: Whatever you can find!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1