Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone Here Test The New Sierra Bullets?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LynnJr
    Calguns Addict
    • Jan 2013
    • 7958

    Anyone Here Test The New Sierra Bullets?

    The Bulletsmiths®. Reloadable bullets for rifles and pistols designed for precision target shooting, hunting, and defense. Crafting a tradition of precision since 1947.


    Looks like a nice ballistic jump if they shoot.
    Lynn Dragoman, Jr.
    Southwest Regional Director
    Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA)
    www.unlimitedrange.org
    Not a commercial business.
    URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!
  • #2
    vliberatore
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Dec 2011
    • 10055

    Interesting that the BC decreases faster on the tipped version than on the non-tipped.
    Originally posted by fighterpilot562
    Damn it man! We could have got drunk, called a taxi and drop by Kest house with a mega phone.

    Comment

    • #3
      russ69
      Calguns Addict
      • Nov 2009
      • 9348

      I have not shot the match bullets but I have shot the Blitzking varmint bullets with the same ballistic tip. They are made with match jackets and Sierra says they are one of their most accurate bullets.
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        NorCalFocus
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2013
        • 3913

        Man I'd like to try those 69 grain .224 ones on Coyotes.

        Comment

        • #5
          CK_32
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Sep 2010
          • 14369

          God dam it


          I just finished load testing with old SMK's lol
          For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

          What's Your Caliber??


          My Youtube channel

          Comment

          • #6
            bsumoba
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2012
            • 4217

            i would like me some 77gr and 175gr SMKs...after I finish the 1-2K of bullets I still have of each
            Visit- www.barrelcool.com
            The Original Chamber Flag and Barrel Cooler in 1
            Instagram: barrelcool_

            Comment

            • #7
              JMP
              Internet Warrior
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Feb 2012
              • 17056

              I generally shoot Lapua for all standard jacketed bullets, except .308; I shoot nothing but 168gr SMKs in .308 because that's all I need for .308, and I think it's that big fat o-give that makes them so forgiving. In the picture, it looks like they've modernized the shape, not just the tip, but it's hard to tell by the picture. I'll give some a try. If they are as easy to load and shoot as the fatties, then it's a no-brainer. If not, I'll just stick with that old-fashioned 168s. Good heads up.

              Comment

              • #8
                Whiterabbit
                Calguns Addict
                • Oct 2010
                • 7597

                Originally posted by CK_32
                God dam it


                I just finished load testing with old SMK's lol
                You are in luck! product lifecycle suggests that smk's are about to go down in price.. no?

                Comment

                • #9
                  ar15barrels
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 57177

                  Originally posted by Whiterabbit
                  You are in luck! product lifecycle suggests that smk's are about to go down in price.. no?
                  No.
                  The demand is so well established that the price will hold it's own.
                  I would hazard a guess that ammo companies buy FAR more 168smk's than reloaders do.
                  Those ammo companies will mostly ignore the new bullet and keep making their same old 168smk loads.
                  Some of them will perhaps offer a NEW load with the new bullets which is more expensive as the new bullets are also more expensive.
                  Randall Rausch

                  AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                  Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                  Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                  Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                  Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Thorax
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 915

                    Oh look.....another Nosler Ballistic tip rip off (Nosler, then Hornady Amax, now Sierra).

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      JMP
                      Internet Warrior
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 17056

                      Originally posted by Thorax
                      Oh look.....another Nosler Ballistic tip rip off (Nosler, then Hornady Amax, now Sierra).
                      For pure accuracy and precision in jacketed bullets, I favor a BTHP design. If they are like a Nosler ballistic tip, I'd not get them. Probably worth a try, but I'd not bank on them.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        billt
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2012
                        • 1179

                        Originally posted by Whiterabbit
                        You are in luck! product lifecycle suggests that smk's are about to go down in price.. no?
                        Old SMK's will hold their price, or even go up slightly. The new green tipped cuties will simply be more expensive. This will give the appearance of the old version costing less. Much like now with gas. People are ready to dance in the street because of how "cheap" it is, (mid $2.00 range). They forgot what it was before Hussein got elected.
                        If common sense was so common, why don't liberals possess any?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          ar15barrels
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 57177

                          Originally posted by billt
                          Much like now with gas. People are ready to dance in the street because of how "cheap" it is, (mid $2.00 range). They forgot what it was before Hussein got elected.
                          Exactly.
                          I will dance in the street when gas goes back under $1 a gallon and stays there for a few years.
                          Randall Rausch

                          AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                          Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                          Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                          Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                          Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            jpx0123
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2013
                            • 1047

                            Originally posted by billt
                            Old SMK's will hold their price, or even go up slightly. The new green tipped cuties will simply be more expensive. This will give the appearance of the old version costing less. Much like now with gas. People are ready to dance in the street because of how "cheap" it is, (mid $2.00 range). They forgot what it was before Hussein got elected.
                            yeah, i remember the days of sub 2 dollar/gallon gas for premium..

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              M1NM
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Oct 2011
                              • 7966

                              Where have I been? It's 2015 @ Sierra already.
                              "The #7169 was introduced in January 2015."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1