Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ok sluggers, how big is your...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • drdarrin@sbcglobal.net
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 2219

    Ok sluggers, how big is your...

    barrel?

    I'll go first... Make, model, cartridge, max & min sizes
    H&K P2000 40 S&W - 0.398 - 0.391
    Beretta 96D 40 S&W - 0.4035 - 0.3935
    Sig P229 40 S&W - 0.4005 - 0.395

    Beretta 92D 9mm - 0.3575 -0.3495
    Beretta 92FS 9mm - 0.357 - 0.350
    Sig P226 9mm - 0.3562 - 0.3519
    Sig P239 9mm - 0.356 - 0.3519

    Anyone else care to share?
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    USMC '71 - '78

    "I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
    Edward Everett Hale
  • #2
    thenodnarb
    Veteran Member
    • May 2009
    • 2603

    I'm assuming those sizes listed are groove and bore diameter. For a minute there I was like "why is your barrel tapering?"

    How I Powder Coat Pistol Bullets
    How I Powder Coat Rifle Bullets

    Comment

    • #3
      drdarrin@sbcglobal.net
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 2219

      Yes they are.
      A tapered barrel would be interesting.
      NRA Life Member
      GOA Life Member
      USMC '71 - '78

      "I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
      Edward Everett Hale

      Comment

      • #4
        drdarrin@sbcglobal.net
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2011
        • 2219

        I purchased a 45-70 last week, a 1999 Marlin 1895SS and slugged the barrel tonight. It measures 0.4574. Looks like it should be easy to cast my own bullets or to buy cast bullets for it.
        NRA Life Member
        GOA Life Member
        USMC '71 - '78

        "I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
        Edward Everett Hale

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1