Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Input requested for IMI Samson 357 mag...brass, etc

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • opos
    In Memoriam
    • Oct 2009
    • 1597

    Input requested for IMI Samson 357 mag...brass, etc

    Just some general questions about IMI (Samson) 357 mag..it's older ammo but in perfect shape....all factory and not reloads...has anyone had any experience with this stuff and how it loads? Got it from a man's estate with a bunch of other ammo and don't want to break it down or not shoot and reload it if it's good stuff...but don't want to waste time on soemthing that's not decent...It's boxer primed..has a faint red sealant around the primers and not staked...don't know for sure if it might be corrosive but I'd bet not...

    Just any help at all appreciated from someone that has had experience with it...thanks
    Attached Files
    God and the Constitution give me my rights and actions...any other input is just blabbering.
  • #2
    Mot Mi
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2013
    • 1061

    Just shoot it its brand new factory ammo. The red sealant isnt anything corrosive, it is just that a sealant. Shoot it, have fun, and reload them suckers and if not send them my way I know of a good burn that will dispose of it very well.

    Comment

    • #3
      opos
      In Memoriam
      • Oct 2009
      • 1597

      Originally posted by Mot Mi
      Just shoot it its brand new factory ammo. The red sealant isnt anything corrosive, it is just that a sealant. Shoot it, have fun, and reload them suckers and if not send them my way I know of a good burn that will dispose of it very well.
      Thanks...my concern is that IMI made lots of really hot ammo for semi use at one time...stuff that was NATO spec and way over spec for SAAMI...they made a ton of UZI ammo (9mm) that would really tear up a 9mm semi handgun)...
      God and the Constitution give me my rights and actions...any other input is just blabbering.

      Comment

      • #4
        jwb28
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2009
        • 568

        I shot some years ago. Just seemed like run of the mill .357 to me.

        Comment

        • #5
          checkenbach
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 1472

          IMI has tight primer pockets in my experience...

          Comment

          • #6
            Dhlcycler
            Junior Member
            • Oct 2014
            • 48

            I have about 600 rds remaining of IMI Samson 44 magnum ammo for my Desert Eagle bought back in the late 80's. Sure wish I could buy that stuff today. It is hot, but I have used it in my Ruger Redhawk without issues. Was designed for the early MK1 Deagles and it works flawlessly in mine.

            Comment

            • #7
              TeirHawg
              Member
              • Oct 2007
              • 197

              Blast away without concern. IMI is great ammo.

              Comment

              • #8
                opos
                In Memoriam
                • Oct 2009
                • 1597

                Thanks all...it's going to the range Monday and some will get shot..then I'll know for sure...appreciate all the input
                opos
                God and the Constitution give me my rights and actions...any other input is just blabbering.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1