Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Looking for advice on where to purchase .45 bullets

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BigBubbaDaddy
    Junior Member
    • May 2013
    • 68

    Looking for advice on where to purchase .45 bullets

    Hi guys.

    I have been reloading for about 6 years now, mainly for my 1911 on a Dillon 550.

    50% of the time I have used Bear Creek molly coated bullets, 50% of the time I've used bullets I cast out of wheel weights using Lee molds.

    I recently picked up a Glock in .45 and want to load for it. Glock's riffling does not go well with lead so I find myself needing jacketed bullets and have no idea where the best (read cheapest) place to source them is.

    Anyone out there have a good reliable and inexpensive vendor you could point me to?

    Thanks in advance!
  • #2
    robinfly6
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2013
    • 8

    This is where I shop. Great customer service and super fast shipping.

    Comment

    • #3
      Mike402
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2012
      • 555

      Originally posted by BigBubbaDaddy
      Hi guys.

      I have been reloading for about 6 years now, mainly for my 1911 on a Dillon 550.

      50% of the time I have used Bear Creek molly coated bullets, 50% of the time I've used bullets I cast out of wheel weights using Lee molds.

      I recently picked up a Glock in .45 and want to load for it. Glock's riffling does not go well with lead so I find myself needing jacketed bullets and have no idea where the best (read cheapest) place to source them is.

      Anyone out there have a good reliable and inexpensive vendor you could point me to?

      Thanks in advance!
      I have had great luck w/ the Rainier 200gr RN in my P220. Midway has them on clearance right now for $115 for 1000 bullets. I just ordered 5,000 so I'm set for a while. Hard to beat 11.5 cents a round for .45acp non pulled copper plated bullets.

      Comment

      • #4
      • #5
        CAL.BAR
        CGSSA OC Chapter Leader
        • Nov 2007
        • 5632

        Rocky Mountain Reloading is where I get them. Great prices and service.

        Comment

        • #6
          KahrGuy9
          Banned
          • Aug 2014
          • 198

          Well actually you can run moly lead bulles, and it will pickup some lead in a .45acp but not nearly as much as a 9mm because of the velocity difference. another option is just to buy an aftermarket cut rifled barrel, like LoneWolf for about $100.

          Jacketed bullets are expensive, Montana Gold is the best

          Secure private sale of Montana Gold Bullet trademark, web domain, and tool & die drawings for MTGB calibers. Contact us for detailed brand asset transfer information.


          Coated bullets work well in Glock OEM barrels also

          Comment

          • #7
            BigBubbaDaddy
            Junior Member
            • May 2013
            • 68

            Thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated.

            Comment

            • #8
              sofbak
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2010
              • 2628

              Best results I have gotten from a p220 and an SA 1911 target are these nosler's



              On sale now for a decent price........
              Tire kickers gonna kick,
              Nose pickers gonna pick
              I and others know the real

              Comment

              • #9
                ElDub1950
                Calguns Addict
                • Aug 2012
                • 5688

                Originally posted by tylenol9999
                Me too

                Comment

                • #10
                  fyrstomper
                  Junior Member
                  • Apr 2013
                  • 34

                  Fortune cookie45 lc on YouTube has a good video on shooting lead through a glock 21

                  Comment

                  • #11
                    BigBubbaDaddy
                    Junior Member
                    • May 2013
                    • 68

                    Thanks Fyrstomper, just subscribed to his channel.

                    Comment

                    • #12
                      MR_X
                      Member
                      • Jul 2013
                      • 424

                      Originally posted by tylenol9999
                      I get them from here also. I also get them from SNS Casting.

                      Comment

                      • #13
                        ___M|9||___
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2013
                        • 1507

                        Just get some xtreme bullets for the range, can't beat the price, goodluck!

                        Comment

                        • #14
                          MongooseV8
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 4426

                          Zero jacketed bullets for about the same price as plated. You can get them at powdervalley sometimes.

                          Comment

                          • #15
                            sammy
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 2006
                            • 3847

                            SNS casting coated bullets are the best I have found. The most accurate and consistent I have used. This was shot at 15 yards offhand using the 200g. lswc plated bullet for a Glock. Great stuff.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1