Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Light Reloads

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    manny
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 542

    Light loads can be used for all types of rounds, don't forget your rifle calibers. You can save a lot in terms of bullets and powder.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/mannyCA
    Shooting ▪Handloading▪Repair▪Maintenance▪Self-Reliance Gun Culture.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #17
      ThatFishGuy
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2008
      • 1084

      Light loads done correctly are extremely useful. Aside from getting the most shots per lb powder, they can help with practice without causing flinch. Ex. I load for 460 Rowland. Not crazy recoil.... But you don't want to shoot it all day. I can load light 200 gr acp cast loads that hit the exact same POI as my hot 260 Rowland loads.

      Comment

      • #18
        Xtracrispy
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2011
        • 1330

        Ive been doing 4.5gr of 700X with a 200gr xtremes. I'm not a good enough shot to know how accurate they are but "seat of the pants" feels good. I think around 740fps IIRC.

        Meters like garbage though.
        The actual value of above $.02 is less than $.01 after taxes.

        Originally posted by fighterpilot562
        I love meat. All in my mouth. Juices flowing down my mouth. And Id swallow

        Comment

        • #19
          RR.44
          CGSSA Leader
          • Mar 2012
          • 1933

          I don't know what powder measures you guys are using that you say that 700X doesn't meter well, I use a Lyman 55 and it throws 700X consistently at 4.7 grs , I just finished loading a couple of hundred rounds and spot checking every 5th round showed no problems.
          sigpic

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1