I'm having trouble finding "published" load data for the short Colt. I have found a few loads in reloading forums, but I would feel much safer if the data were published. Can anyone recommend a loading manual?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
38 short Colt load data?
Collapse
X
-
what gun? Its kinda important which gun you are loading for to determine safe pressure. 38 short I believe was based on a black powder charge.
Once you know the pressure that the gun can handle(via online research) someone will chime in who has quick load or something and give you an idea of what powders will be safe to start with.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,721
Posts: 25,150,818
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,829
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 28971 users online. 134 members and 28837 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment