Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Please clean out your primer pick-up tubes

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kurac
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • 2917

    Please clean out your primer pick-up tubes

    Especially if you are using Wolf or Tula primers. For some reason they are covered in green primer residue. I got enough out of my small primer tube to make up at least 2-3 pellets maybe more. It appears to be water soluble so clean up wasn't too much of a problem but I was surprised by the amount of green gunk.

    In case you guys need to be reminded, Lead styphnate is very sensitive to static and shock.
    www.culinagrips.com
    "custom grips for shooters by shooters"
  • #2
    uhlan1
    Calguns Addict
    • Aug 2012
    • 6217

    The thought never occurred to me.
    Thanks
    "Hence it happened that all the armed prophets conquered, all the unarmed perished." - Niccolo Machiavelli

    Comment

    • #3
      Spaceghost
      Calguns Addict
      • May 2006
      • 5772

      Interesting, I never thought about it either.

      Comment

      • #4
        Jon Road King
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2012
        • 926

        Yup, that's why I hear you never 'tap' your primer tubes to drop primers if they are sticking... BOOM!

        Consequently, I have never tapped my tube.

        /giggidy

        "Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake."

        --- Napoleon

        Comment

        • #5
          mark501w
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2011
          • 1699

          Push a piece paper towel with alcohol thru from time to time.

          Comment

          • #6
            cooper669
            Member
            • Feb 2008
            • 225

            Originally posted by Jon Road King
            Yup, that's why I hear you never 'tap' your primer tubes to drop primers if they are sticking... BOOM!

            Consequently, I have never tapped my tube.

            /giggidy

            I tap my tube all the time.........guess I should stop.

            Comment

            • #7
              Burbur
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2010
              • 1258

              Crap, thats priming compound?!

              You can really see it in the pan on my rf100. Have to clean it regularly or else it gums up and the primers stick.

              Figured it was just dirty Russian primers. Now I'll put out my cigarette before working on the priming systems.

              Comment

              • #8
                cruddymutt
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2009
                • 1589

                Originally posted by cooper669
                I tap my tube all the time.........guess I should stop.
                If you tap your tube, it may blow!
                sigpic
                ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                Comment

                • #9
                  sofbak
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 2628

                  What.....did you guys not see this thread from November?



                  Too bad his photos aren't hosted anymore. If you could have seen what it did to his hand, you'd get "clean tube" religion real quick......

                  Keep your pickup tubes clean, and pay attention to your local weather.
                  Tire kickers gonna kick,
                  Nose pickers gonna pick
                  I and others know the real

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Pauliedad
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Dec 2012
                    • 2095

                    My takeaway on this was ground your loading machine and if really worried, keep the tube grounded while loading the tube.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1