Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

I bought an RCBS swaging tool set and...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gsc3zny
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 573

    I bought an RCBS swaging tool set and...

    Either I'm not doing something right, or this won't work as it's supposed to on my Lee press. I cannot get the case stripper to work right. I just have the lee single stage hand press. any suggestions, or do I sell it? do I have to have A lee swager?
  • #2
    bsumoba
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2012
    • 4217

    sell it or return it. it didnt work in my lee press either. i went with a dillon super swager and couldnt be happier.
    Visit- www.barrelcool.com
    The Original Chamber Flag and Barrel Cooler in 1
    Instagram: barrelcool_

    Comment

    • #3
      Enfield47
      Calguns Addict
      • Sep 2012
      • 6385

      I have a Lee classic cast turret press and the popper doesn't work on mine either. It is the same size as the ram so I used a flathead screwdriver to pop the cases off the post. Here is the thread about using a spare primer arm to fix the problem.

      Comment

      • #4
        gsc3zny
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2011
        • 573

        Originally posted by bsumoba
        sell it or return it. it didnt work in my lee press either. i went with a dillon super swager and couldnt be happier.
        You have the super swage 600? This works for all calibers?

        Comment

        • #5
          Guns R Tools
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 1782

          Maybe this can help?

          'Cuz big holes are easier to see.

          You can correct my spelling and grammar error anytime.
          I welcome it. How else would I learn.

          Comment

          • #6
            bsumoba
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2012
            • 4217

            Originally posted by gsc3zny
            You have the super swage 600? This works for all calibers?
            yes sir. works for everything i reload for
            Visit- www.barrelcool.com
            The Original Chamber Flag and Barrel Cooler in 1
            Instagram: barrelcool_

            Comment

            • #7
              damndave
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Oct 2008
              • 10858

              I had one of those and sold it after 1 day. If you want to swage, get the Dillon or if you want to ream it, use a chamfer tool. About 2 turns in the chamfer tool and done.

              Comment

              • #8
                manny
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2009
                • 542

                Originally posted by AlliedArmory
                I had one of those and sold it after 1 day. If you want to swage, get the Dillon or if you want to ream it, use a chamfer tool. About 2 turns in the chamfer tool and done.

                +1 - thats how I do mine, never fails and it beats having to buy more tools.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/mannyCA
                Shooting ▪Handloading▪Repair▪Maintenance▪Self-Reliance Gun Culture.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  BigBronco also not a Cabinetguy
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 7079

                  There is a way to make it work by slipping a sweat type copper pipe connector over the ram. Then placing the case remover head over that. Otherwise look in to the tool made by CH4D. IMO better than the Dillon tool.

                  "Life is a long song" Jethro Tull

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1