Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

LeeLoad master

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jacques
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 2478

    LeeLoad master

    Would you guys recommend this turret press or is there a better one around the same price range?

    Lee Precision, the nation's number one manufacturer of reloading equipment for over 50 years presents its full inventory of quality products.
  • #2
    gunboat
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2008
    • 3288

    I have heard it is a good press - I doubt you will find a new turret press of any brand cheaper -- I prefer regular single stage press or 310 tools myself, but I am not a large quantity shooter or loader. One at a time is my thing

    Comment

    • #3
      jacques
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2008
      • 2478

      Originally posted by gunboat
      I have heard it is a good press - I doubt you will find a new turret press of any brand cheaper -- I prefer regular single stage press or 310 tools myself, but I am not a large quantity shooter or loader. One at a time is my thing
      I would pay more money for another if it was reasonable and justifiable. And yes, purpose is to reload large quantities of .223, 45.

      Comment

      • #4
        69Mach1
        Super Moderator
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Jan 2006
        • 15032

        Except for their .50 BMG single press set up, I'd buy something else. My first press was a Lee and I had problems.
        sigpic
        69Mach1
        munkeeboi
        TURBOELKY
        antix2
        WTSGDYBBR
        tujungatoes
        jmpgnr24K

        Comment

        • #5
          Sunwolf
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2008
          • 7445

          ok

          Originally posted by jacques
          I would pay more money for another if it was reasonable and justifiable. And yes, purpose is to reload large quantities of .223, 45.
          Dillon

          Comment

          • #6
            Mikeb
            Veteran Member
            • May 2008
            • 3189

            I've got a Loadmaster and I like it pretty well. I use it for handgun ammo and at times have needed to produce 2 or 3 hundred rounds a week. It did that and I have used it with the case loader which make it quite convenient. The down side is the primer gizzmo. There are some little nylon pieces in there that get jammed with powder or dirt or something and then get chewed up and have to be replaced. I buy them ten at a time so I always have a new one on hand. For the price I think it is a bargain and I like that it has enough stations to run the factory crimp die.
            I shoot .308 and soon 38-55. I do that on a single stage Rock Chucker
            2 cents
            Mike

            Comment

            • #7
              Ugly Dwarf
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2007
              • 1121

              Originally posted by jacques
              I would pay more money for another if it was reasonable and justifiable. And yes, purpose is to reload large quantities of .223, 45.
              If you're committed to reloading "large quantities of .223 and .45", you really need to consider saving your pennies and waiting till you can afford a progresive.

              Many / Most will suggest Dillon (I would). You can search here in the reloading forum for preferences of the 550 vs. 650 and decide for yourself which would be better.

              It WILL cost more to start, but it is the way to go for volume loading.

              I can see why some people choose to go single stage or go with Lee (precision and/or budget), but those aren't good choices for the volume loader (unless you have a LOT more time than money).

              My $.02

              Dwarf

              Comment

              • #8
                jandmtv
                Calguns Addict
                • Oct 2007
                • 5800

                Drink the Blue Kool-Aid!!!

                lol
                Looking for RPR or Precision Rifle Accessories? Check out Anarchy Outdoors. http://www.anarchyoutdoors.com?afmc=1w

                Comment

                • #9
                  Blwnbwtie
                  Member
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 300

                  I have a loadmaster it is a decent press for the money. I can crank out about 4-500 rounds of 45 an hour. just like someone else said the priming mechanism is just plain crap. Trick is to keep it as clean as possible, and have spare sliders on hand at all times. I recently started reloading for 223 and so far it has worked out okay. That is really all you are going to get around that price range. It is pretty good bang for the buck, just be prepared to adjust it atleast once per session. If you do decide to buy it here is a site that is pretty good for a few tips and tricks http://loadmastervideos.com/

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Sunwolf
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2008
                    • 7445

                    Had one once

                    Originally posted by jacques
                    Would you guys recommend this turret press or is there a better one around the same price range?

                    http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi/cata...log/ldmas.html
                    And that`s all I`ve got to say about that!Get a Dillon!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      jacques
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 2478

                      Originally posted by Sunwolf
                      And that`s all I`ve got to say about that!Get a Dillon!
                      Dillon XL650 it is. I see a lot of money being spent in the near future. But It will pay for itself in the long run. I have probably 3-4000 .223 brass I have collected. 500 bullets and primers I bought at a gunshow a year ago.

                      Now I have to read a ton of info on how to.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        vega
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 2972

                        Originally posted by Ugly Dwarf
                        If you're committed to reloading "large quantities of .223 and .45", you really need to consider saving your pennies and waiting till you can afford a progresive.

                        Many / Most will suggest Dillon (I would). You can search here in the reloading forum for preferences of the 550 vs. 650 and decide for yourself which would be better.

                        It WILL cost more to start, but it is the way to go for volume loading.

                        I can see why some people choose to go single stage or go with Lee (precision and/or budget), but those aren't good choices for the volume loader (unless you have a LOT more time than money).

                        My $.02




                        Dwarf
                        Check out his post and click the link, that Lee is progressive.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Ugly Dwarf
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2007
                          • 1121

                          Originally posted by vega
                          Check out his post and click the link, that Lee is progressive.
                          A couple things...

                          First, the OP said he was going to go with a Dillon so this is mostly irrelevant now.

                          Second, someone else (not me) suggested he consider a single stage INSTEAD of what he linked to. I was stating that for what he had described, a Dillon 550 or 650 might be better than either of those choices.

                          Originally posted by Ugly Dwarf
                          I can see why some people choose to go single stage or go with Lee...

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1