Mounted the press to my bench and got everything set up except for my dies. However, I have a few questions. #1, my dillon powder funnel came looking rusty with rust and some other discoloration. Is this going to be problem? #2 do I need to set the primer seating punch to the right depth? Look all through the manual but maybe I missed it. #3 the cartridge spring came very loose, what is the proper positioning? Thanks in advance and all help is appreciated.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Questions with setting up my Dillon 550
Collapse
X
-
1. Where's the rust; inside or outside? You can pro all take it off with mild steel wool and/or break free.
2. Primer depth isn't adjustable.
3. I'm assuming you're talking about the paper clip looking retaining clip at station 1. I set it just slightly off the case rim. You don't want it to push against the case in station 1 or you'll likely develop priming troubles.
Hope this helps. -
+1
What he said.WTB S&W Model 10 or S&W 357 (of various models) 3 or 4" barrel.
Stay Safe and Shoot Straight.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,157
Posts: 25,144,989
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,525
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 38678 users online. 110 members and 38568 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment