Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

ARE THE 45 ACP AND 45 AUTO THE SAME?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ricknadine1111
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2008
    • 1261

    ARE THE 45 ACP AND 45 AUTO THE SAME?

    I bought 2 boxes of 45 auto hollowpoints at wallmart not knowing they sell the 45acp. My question is will I have problems shooting the 45 auto through my xd-45 acp pistol?
    WHERED IT GO !, IT'S ONLY A LITTLE LEAD.LETER SEE ,UP 40 CLICKS AND LEFT 20 CLICKS," OH DARN, I DUNO WHERE IT IS?
  • #2
    bohoki
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2006
    • 20826

    yes 45 auto and 45 acp are the same

    some companies do not like using firearms brand names in the cartridge designation like glock their 21 is marked ".45 auto"

    of course .223 remington and .308 winchester seem to be pretty much locked as a name

    9mm luger is also a gun brand

    Comment

    • #3
      Equalizer2
      In Memoriam
      • Oct 2007
      • 410

      A little history.
      " Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore "

      Comment

      • #4
        diginit
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2008
        • 3250

        ACP means Automatic Centerfire Pistol.

        Comment

        • #5
          Mssr. Eleganté
          Blue Blaze Irregular
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Oct 2005
          • 10401

          Originally posted by diginit
          ACP means Automatic Centerfire Pistol.
          The "C" stands for Colt, not Centerfire.
          __________________

          "Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin

          Comment

          • #6
            Splinter
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2007
            • 513

            No, the 45 auto should be sent to me for safe disposal.

            Comment

            • #7
              See
              Junior Member
              • Feb 2008
              • 26

              Originally posted by Amendment II
              The "C" stands for Colt, not Centerfire.
              Colt is correct.

              Comment

              • #8
                spencerhut
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Oct 2006
                • 1264

                Wow. I'm impressed no one ripped on the OP a little. I take back all the bad things I said about you guys.
                www.spencersfirearms.com
                14402 Hwy 41, Madera 93636
                Mon-Fri 10AM to 6PM
                Sat 10AM to 5PM
                559-822-4369
                I am a US Marine, an active shooter, lifetime NRA, USPSA, ICORE & Calguns member and I own a gun store.
                Living the Dream 24x7

                Comment

                • #9
                  bohoki
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 20826

                  Originally posted by spencerhut
                  Wow. I'm impressed no one ripped on the OP a little. I take back all the bad things I said about you guys.
                  trust me it was very hard

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ar15barrels
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 57175

                    Originally posted by spencerhut
                    Wow. I'm impressed no one ripped on the OP a little. I take back all the bad things I said about you guys.
                    Sorry I was late.
                    When a question this basic is asked,
                    there are a bunch of people sitting back and banging their heads against the wall asking
                    "how could someone be so... ?"
                    It makes it expecially tempting when the same person is known for his posting of all his high end toys.

                    It says a lot about this person's knowledge of firearms in general.
                    He's obviously new to the sport and was not raised in the gun culture.
                    Randall Rausch

                    AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                    Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                    Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                    Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                    Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Mssr. Eleganté
                      Blue Blaze Irregular
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 10401

                      Ammo naming protocols are so messed up, with metric number, english numbers, rounded numbers, nickname numbers, military vs. commercial, that the OP's question is really a very smart one.

                      New shooters have to ask this kind of question some time, and it's smarter to ask before you load the gun than after you load the gun.

                      Go to any gun forum and ask a question about whether you can shoot .38 S&W out of a .38 Special gun and a .38 Colt New Police gun and you'll get three different answers, two of which are from "experts" who should know better.
                      __________________

                      "Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        ricknadine1111
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2008
                        • 1261

                        I don't know the answer to that also, I have not read up on it and I don't shoot 38's. But before I ever do I will find out by asking or reading.
                        WHERED IT GO !, IT'S ONLY A LITTLE LEAD.LETER SEE ,UP 40 CLICKS AND LEFT 20 CLICKS," OH DARN, I DUNO WHERE IT IS?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          djp7558
                          Member
                          • Apr 2008
                          • 105

                          9mm luger is also a gun brand[/QUOTE]

                          SORRY...BUT:

                          "Georg Luger's name NEVER APPEARED on the gun!

                          Dan

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            TonyM
                            In Memoriam
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 3071

                            Originally posted by spencerhut
                            Wow. I'm impressed no one ripped on the OP a little. I take back all the bad things I said about you guys.
                            I was just wondering about the OOF picture and what it has to do with .45Auto and .45ACP being the same thing. I guess it's this one's turn to be plastered all over the site like that SOCOM was.
                            Disenfranchised NRA Benefactor Life Member.

                            Originally posted by NorCalK9.com
                            Also dont worry if u have never built one once you go to a build party you will know everything and have a perfect functioning rifle.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              ricknadine1111
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2008
                              • 1261

                              "OUCH"!
                              WHERED IT GO !, IT'S ONLY A LITTLE LEAD.LETER SEE ,UP 40 CLICKS AND LEFT 20 CLICKS," OH DARN, I DUNO WHERE IT IS?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1