Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Stainless Tumbling= so fresh and so clean

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mesojdm
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 521

    Stainless Tumbling= so fresh and so clean

    Recently switched from a vibratory with corn cob/walnut to tumblers tumbler with wet stainless media. WOW. Don't get me wrong, the vibratory did a good job.(throw in some flitz metal polish helps as well). But it never got the flash hole/primer pocket very well, and always left a "film" on the brass. Although the initial investment for a west tumbler is more, I will never have to buy media again! Just some water(free) and dishsoap(free, don't the the wifey) Here are some 300BLK that were tumbled for 2hrs;
  • #2
    CK_32
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Sep 2010
    • 14369

    Yea SS media is pretty amazing.
    For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

    What's Your Caliber??


    My Youtube channel

    Comment

    • #3
      Southpaw45
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2008
      • 2333

      Yep! I did the the switch to SS and I wont use anything else. Nice to have factory fresh looking brass whenever I reload...
      Cowboy Action Shooter
      Midnight Black Powder Shooter
      S.A.S.S #74217
      Have Guns Will Travel
      .45 Colt Enthusiast
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

      Comment

      • #4
        Maltese Falcon
        Ordo Militaris Templi
        CGN Contributor
        • Feb 2009
        • 6752

        Yep it's purdy...love the stuff.

        .

        Comment

        • #5
          BenHa
          Senior Member
          • May 2012
          • 838

          Hello fellow gunnitors

          Comment

          • #6
            SARC_Mike
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2012
            • 701

            I do love my SS tumbler!
            On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

            Comment

            • #7
              SmallShark
              Senior Member
              • May 2011
              • 1395

              after tumbling, did you see brass filing or powder?

              Comment

              • #8
                Bumslie
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Oct 2011
                • 5358

                Welcome to the revolution.
                NRA Life Member
                WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, and common sense. Some overly sensitive "men" will be offended.
                Originally posted by ivanimal
                I love you! (some Homo)
                Originally posted by ivanimal
                I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
                Originally posted by Kestryll
                OP you are an uninformed tool.
                Go Broncos!
                Go Kings Go!

                Comment

                • #9
                  CK_32
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 14369

                  Gatta admit tho the Dawn dish soap probably has A LOT to do with the finished prouct. Just want to give credit where due that it's a team effort and dawn dish soap is almost like duct tape with uses and how well it does everything
                  For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

                  What's Your Caliber??


                  My Youtube channel

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    jameshenry
                    Member
                    • Jan 2011
                    • 327

                    Too clean to get them dirty. Well I found the next cleaning cycle was a lot shorter than the first. My .44s are clean after 15-20 min.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Capybara
                      CGSSA Coordinator
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 15658

                      Those are beautiful. I can't help but think that having basically new looking brass somehow helps in reloading, if for nothing else than pride of craftsmanship.
                      NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        cc56
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2006
                        • 746

                        I still have a vibratory tumbler that I am using for pistol rounds. I use the thumbler for rifle brass. I may make the switch some day, but I use a 4 stage reloader. It is just easier to do pistol rounds in that. I don't want to knock out the primer first to clean the brass.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          mesojdm
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2011
                          • 521

                          Originally posted by SmallShark
                          after tumbling, did you see brass filing or powder?
                          In this case, there were a small amount of brass shavings left in the tumbler. This was because the .223-->300 aac conversion required cutting/shaving the brass. Normally I tumble standard .308 and .223 casings and there are no deposits of "brass filings"

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            mesojdm
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2011
                            • 521

                            Originally posted by CK_32
                            Gatta admit tho the Dawn dish soap probably has A LOT to do with the finished prouct. Just want to give credit where due that it's a team effort and dawn dish soap is almost like duct tape with uses and how well it does everything
                            Finally found the magic recipe. 1 1/2 tblspoon of DAWN, with 1/4 tbl spoon of lemon shine. Better than factory brass IMO

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Bumslie
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Oct 2011
                              • 5358

                              Originally posted by mesojdm
                              Finally found the magic recipe. 1 1/2 tblspoon of DAWN, with 1/4 tbl spoon of lemon shine. Better than factory brass IMO
                              45 acp cap full of lemishine and dawn...


                              NRA Life Member
                              WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, and common sense. Some overly sensitive "men" will be offended.
                              Originally posted by ivanimal
                              I love you! (some Homo)
                              Originally posted by ivanimal
                              I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
                              Originally posted by Kestryll
                              OP you are an uninformed tool.
                              Go Broncos!
                              Go Kings Go!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1