Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

forecast for reloading components

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bsumoba
    replied
    Originally posted by krwada
    Have you purchased powder from them recently? It is difficult for me to believe that IMR-4064 is available, much less at the quoted prices ... from anywhere.
    I just ordered 8 lbs of 748, and 2 lbs of 296. About a couple weeks ago I tried to order something and they let me know they did not have it. They were honest about it. Now, they get so many orders and they're inventory may not be 100% correct the moment you get on their website.

    I'll let you know when i get it or get a tracking number, but so far, so good.

    Leave a comment:


  • uhlan1
    replied
    Originally posted by not-fishing
    There are sources on the internet that point out to the Hodgdon Fire has stopped production until 2014.

    Bad for me that I use Universal Clays, Green Dot, H110 and H4895 mostly.
    Yea, but the sources cannot quote a verifiable source because it is FUD. The rumor is that the Thales Australia Limited plant in Australia, which makes Clays under the Hodgdon label had a fire. The plant is in full production. They may have had a small fire in one machine and the rumor became exaggerated and went viral.

    Leave a comment:


  • at_liberty
    replied
    Originally posted by stilly
    Search this string at ebay:

    ".40 die"

    Replace the .40 with your calibers you want and of course remove the quotes.

    WHAT??? NO WAY. Sources or it didn't happen!
    I read only a reference to Clay's being out indefinitely. These factories are tin sheds in the desert with embankments to contain explosions. There's no way the whole operation goes down over one fire. Some companies also have alternate sources, like Canada and Australia making the same formula.

    Leave a comment:


  • krwada
    replied
    Originally posted by bsumoba
    I'll share my source for powder, although i dont really think its a secret...



    I saw the following:

    WIN 748
    WIN 296
    WIN 760
    WIN 780
    Titegroup
    HS-6
    Benchmark
    IMR-4756
    IMR-4895
    IMR-4320
    IMR-4198
    IMR-4227
    IMR-4064
    Reloader 10X
    BlueDot
    Alliant 2400
    Have you purchased powder from them recently? It is difficult for me to believe that IMR-4064 is available, much less at the quoted prices ... from anywhere.

    Leave a comment:


  • bsumoba
    replied
    I'll share my source for powder, although i dont really think its a secret...



    I saw the following:

    WIN 748
    WIN 296
    WIN 760
    WIN 780
    Titegroup
    HS-6
    Benchmark
    IMR-4756
    IMR-4895
    IMR-4320
    IMR-4198
    IMR-4227
    IMR-4064
    Reloader 10X
    BlueDot
    Alliant 2400

    Leave a comment:


  • not-fishing
    replied
    There are sources on the internet that point out to the Hodgdon Fire has stopped production until 2014.

    Bad for me that I use Universal Clays, Green Dot, H110 and H4895 mostly.

    Leave a comment:


  • alfred1222
    replied
    Anyone have a line on lead shot?

    Leave a comment:


  • stilly
    replied
    Search this string at ebay:

    ".40 die"

    Replace the .40 with your calibers you want and of course remove the quotes.

    Originally posted by not-fishing
    There are sources on the internet that point out to the Hodgdon Fire has stopped production until 2014.

    Bad for me that I use Universal Clays, Green Dot, H110 and H4895 mostly.


    WHAT??? NO WAY. Sources or it didn't happen!
    Last edited by stilly; 09-26-2013, 9:17 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • alfred1222
    replied
    Originally posted by stilly
    Fleabay is your friend, and this is sad, but by fleabay, I MEAN eBay, not the actual FLEABAY site...

    There are dies all over on ebay and gunbroker. I know, I just got a FCD from ebay and a lyman carbide 357 maximum/mag/38 from gunbroker. Good stuff.
    Thanks for the advice! ill go check it out! Also, primers are available if you search, i just took about 30 min to search, and found primers at PV and a few other places. Powder is much harder to find.

    Leave a comment:


  • stilly
    replied
    Originally posted by alfred1222
    Personally guys, i need dies, and i need to find a way to keep my dies from rusting. I have powder by the barrel, i have more primers then i need, and i have bullets coming out of my ears. Hell, come to think of it, i have 4000 bullets sitting around at a fellow Calgunners house from a group buy that i didnt have the chance to pick up before i went to alabama! What i need more then anything are 9mm, 40 cal, 357, 30-06, and a few other rifle dies that i cant think of right now. Once i have those, ill start hoarding more primers and powder and projectiles.

    Fleabay is your friend, and this is sad, but by fleabay, I MEAN eBay, not the actual FLEABAY site...

    There are dies all over on ebay and gunbroker. I know, I just got a FCD from ebay and a lyman carbide 357 maximum/mag/38 from gunbroker. Good stuff.

    Leave a comment:


  • alfred1222
    replied
    Personally guys, i need dies, and i need to find a way to keep my dies from rusting. I have powder by the barrel, i have more primers then i need, and i have bullets coming out of my ears. Hell, come to think of it, i have 4000 bullets sitting around at a fellow Calgunners house from a group buy that i didnt have the chance to pick up before i went to alabama! What i need more then anything are 9mm, 40 cal, 357, 30-06, and a few other rifle dies that i cant think of right now. Once i have those, ill start hoarding more primers and powder and projectiles.

    Leave a comment:


  • stilly
    replied
    Originally posted by at_liberty
    Just checked gunbot.com, and it was no better for small pistol primers than the last time...APS strip only. There aren't any from these major mail order suppliers, or they're being swept up and hoarded so fast when they come up that one could get the impression that they have been unavailable indefinitely.
    Are you in Riverside or close to it?

    If you wanted only 2k-4k SPP then paying $35 plus tax is better for you from the stores, here is why:
    35 x 4 = 140 + tax

    Online, 30 x 4 = 120 + HAZMAT (27.50) + shipping (12) + possible tax

    SO, it is wiser to stop in and GET SOME! rather then order online.

    BUT, check gunbot daily because PVI seems to get them in abotu every 3 weeks or better and when they come in they are not usually sold off in minutes like they were before. The last time I placed an order from PVI I had a whole two-three days to order before they were sold out. That was in June/July. Before that, back around april/may when they got in primers, even with the 10k limit they were sold out in about 25 minutes. AYFKM?

    So just be patient and watch gunbot. I prefer Tula and Tula seem to get in stock more and more.

    As of typing this RIGHT NOW PVI has SRP and so does Midsouth Shooters. Tula SRP work as excellent subs for SPP.
    At $24/k it is a good purchase if you want about 6k or more.

    I went to PM you and I see you are reading this. I can not PM you for some reason, maybe the hawk thought I was abusing PMs too... I dunno, I hope you can log in and get some though.

    I am switching over to SRP for all of my SPP needs though. They are interchangeable and there is really no difference except maybe a TAD harder.
    Last edited by stilly; 09-26-2013, 8:36 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • BajaJames83
    replied
    Powder is the hard one for me.
    Its out there just not often and in limited quantities.

    Leave a comment:


  • Apex360
    replied
    I agree powder is the hard one.

    Leave a comment:


  • damndave
    replied
    Everything is coming back except for powder. Primers & bullets can be found pretty easily. Prices are still a little high, but they are coming down.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1