Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Lyman #55; side plate coming loose

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kevin S
    Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 239

    Lyman #55; side plate coming loose

    Hey folks!
    I've just started using my new Lyman Powder measure. Before using, I disassembled, cleaned, etc.

    However, as the title indicates - as I thow successive charges, the 'side plate screw) starts to walk out and become very loose.

    What am I doing wrong? I'm having trouble with consistency (+-.2grn, then an outlier +-.5 grn after 10 or so throws)

    Thoughts? Any advice is much appreciated!

    Thank you!!!
  • #2
    Broccoli Killer
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2011
    • 63

    I have the same powder measure, but it's the older Lyman model. Maybe a little bit of Locktite might help prevent the pins from walking.

    I'll check mine out later today when I get off of work to get a better idea of what the problem may be.

    Comment

    • #3
      Kevin S
      Member
      • Apr 2011
      • 239

      Thanks Broccoli Killer; I may try loc-tite, see if I can get it to hold better. My concern is that I want to keep a consistent pull, and as that screw (it's the one on the opposite side of the charging handle; keeps the barrel assembly on) loosens, I get more horizontal play in the cylinder.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1