Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

X-TREME BULLETS GOOD OR BAD

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JOLLYROGER
    Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 199

    X-TREME BULLETS GOOD OR BAD

    anyone reloaded with x-treme brand .45acp bullets if so what are your opinions on them?
  • #2
    libertyordeath
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2009
    • 1533

    I just loaded some 9mm and shot them yesterday they where gtg seem to be consistent in weight and form

    Comment

    • #3
      Artsville
      Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 313

      There fine but not jacketed. Also not too good for higher velocity stuff. It's all I shoot.

      By the way they are making 223 again and those are jacketed.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment

      • #4
        Fishslayer
        In Memoriam
        • Jan 2010
        • 13035

        Good stuff. My bottom feeders aren't real happy with the SWC but probably just a matter of futzing with the OAL.
        "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
        You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
        You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


        Originally Posted by JackRydden224
        I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
        Originally posted by redcliff
        A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

        Comment

        • #5
          mbauer67
          Member
          • Oct 2010
          • 116

          The double struck/ thick plated HP's are ok at best, the single plated ones are not very accurate. For me they shot a 6" group at 20 yards. Which is not good enough for my standards. But it really comes down to your gun, some guns shoot them great, most don't. Also the crimp is extremely important to set correctly, the bullet can't take any crimp, just remove the bell

          Comment

          • #6
            Sennasixty8
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2012
            • 562

            I've loaded thousands of their plated 45acp without any issues.
            My itrader from 2012 - 2023

            https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...8#post28171038

            Comment

            • #7
              sr71brd
              Junior Member
              • Jan 2008
              • 72

              I use 200 gr. RN w/ 4.6 grs. of Titegroup in both my Sistema 1911A1's. Very accurate out to 50 ft.

              Comment

              • #8
                tiller
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2011
                • 794

                Lmao its funny how many people are hating on xtreme in this thread!

                Just put it this way since the begining of the year xtreme has sold ATLEAST 50 million Bullets....

                A local shop around here i know has had 2 orders for. 500k. Imagine barrels of shiny bullets! Its quite the scene
                .223 & .308 brass processing

                Comment

                • #9
                  BajaJames83
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 6042

                  great stuff, the copper plated ones are nice and clean too.
                  NRA Endowment Life Member
                  USMC 2001-2012

                  Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

                  John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
                  James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    pmrsino
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • 634

                    I load them too. Almost exclusively. Just because they are easier to get in my part.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Ghost_Maker
                      Member
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 336

                      Love em... I make the trip up to them and pick my orders up... I still have like 10k of various calibers I still need to load..
                      GFY

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        'ol shooter
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2011
                        • 4646

                        I am using some for 9mm and like them, better than the Berry's I have for .45ACP. I have had some issues with the Berry's plating moving when seated, causing a ring of plating right at the case lip. I bell the cases well and have even used Imperial dry neck lube, and I still get 4 or 5 out of 100 loads. The Extremes loaded perfect, every time.
                        sigpic
                        Bob B.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(")

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          shooterbill
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2012
                          • 1096

                          They work just fine. If you can get them for a good price, they make inexpensive ammo.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Eldraque
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2012
                            • 1984

                            Great price, free shipping, fast shipping, and they actually have stock ready to ship...

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              echo6cavedog
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • May 2011
                              • 945

                              Originally posted by Eldraque
                              Great price, free shipping, fast shipping, and they actually have stock ready to ship...
                              +1. I've used Xtreme since I got some from a fellow Calgunner when I ran low on 9mm. Bought 4k each in 380, 9mm and 223 so far. I load these for plinking so I'm not concerned about accuracy at 50 yds. YMMV.


                              Sent from my IFAK
                              μολὼν λαβέ


                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1