Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

To CTD or Not to CTD..

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • elemenope
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2012
    • 635

    To CTD or Not to CTD..

    I'm looking to buy a Hornady Lock n Load AP progressive and only two stores have them in stock right this moment. Cheaper Than Dirt and Amazon. I'm loathe to buy from CTD, but it's currently $131 cheaper after shipping/tax than Amazon. Decisions decisions....Do I hate CTD enough to spend more money than I should?
  • #2
    Exodus343
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2012
    • 4740

    ooo that's a tough one...
    "Adversity Introduces Us To Ourselves"

    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      Colt562
      Calguns Addict
      • Jun 2012
      • 5271

      that is really a tough decision. Personally I would skip it and go with a dillon but thats just me
      Originally posted by bruceflinch
      Tis Better, to be Overworked & Underpaid,
      Than Oversexed & Underlaid...

      Comment

      • #4
        Bobula
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2007
        • 9386

        Amazon will price match
        Originally posted by Kestryll
        Yeah, don't tell that rat bastard Kestryll, he'll shut it down.

        Fascist pig....

        Comment

        • #5
          Colt562
          Calguns Addict
          • Jun 2012
          • 5271

          Originally posted by Bobula
          Amazon will price match
          straight from their website:

          Does Amazon price match?
          With the exception of televisions, Amazon.com doesn't price-match with other retailers (including those who sell their items on our website).

          In case no one believes me

          Originally posted by bruceflinch
          Tis Better, to be Overworked & Underpaid,
          Than Oversexed & Underlaid...

          Comment

          • #6
            elemenope
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2012
            • 635

            Have you done a price match with them recently? Their policy says they don't. I checked already

            Comment

            • #7
              TacticalPlinker
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2011
              • 2532

              I'm in the same boat. I was considering this very issue earlier today.

              I still have to wait a bit until I can afford it, but I don't understand why Amazon is so expensive.

              Even with shipping taken into account, Amazon is still $75+ more expensive.
              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

              Comment

              • #8
                uhlan1
                Calguns Addict
                • Aug 2012
                • 6217

                Really tough call. Amazon's price is high and they charge sales tax so that's another 50 bucks. But then CTD is akin to something unpleasant one occasionally steps in. They are no friends of ours. But then so is Amazon They sold us all out when they struck their sales tax deal with California.

                If you feel you need to have it right now, do whatever it is you choose. No one will eviscerate you, these are extraordinary times. You could also put notifications in with Midway, Natchez and others, they pop into stock on occasion.

                Either way, you are making a deal with the devil, so to be honest, I'd make it with CTD and save some ducats you can spend on components. I fear when the ammunition deals pass the Assembly in August there will be another run on presses and components.

                (donning flame suit in 3,2,1)
                "Hence it happened that all the armed prophets conquered, all the unarmed perished." - Niccolo Machiavelli

                Comment

                • #9
                  Colt562
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jun 2012
                  • 5271

                  Just buy from CTD but say you bought from amazon. No one will ever know....

                  Originally posted by bruceflinch
                  Tis Better, to be Overworked & Underpaid,
                  Than Oversexed & Underlaid...

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Exodus343
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2012
                    • 4740

                    Originally posted by Colt562
                    Just buy from CTD but say you bought from amazon. No one will ever know....

                    except the ones who posted in this thread

                    "Adversity Introduces Us To Ourselves"

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      mjmagee67
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 2771

                      Originally posted by Colt562
                      that is really a tough decision. Personally I would skip it and go with a dillon but thats just me
                      Ah yes the Blue Kool-Aid crew strikes again.
                      If you want change you have to put in your 2 cents, you can't just sit on the sidelines and whine.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Colt562
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jun 2012
                        • 5271

                        Originally posted by mjmagee67
                        Ah yes the Blue Kool-Aid crew strikes again.
                        ahah but the thing about this blue kool aid drinker, I could care less what you reload with as long as you reload.
                        Originally posted by bruceflinch
                        Tis Better, to be Overworked & Underpaid,
                        Than Oversexed & Underlaid...

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          EL_NinO619
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2010
                          • 1519

                          I would pass, but hey I have morals. Look around a little longer, I know Grafs had them in stock recently.
                          se carga el diablo de la pistola...
                          .223, .25acp, 25-20win, 9mm, 38spl/.357, 10mm .308, 8mm M, 7mm Rem Mag, 45acp, .475 Wildey mag
                          On 2 Hornady LnL AP & Dillon Super 1050

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            EL_NinO619
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2010
                            • 1519

                            Ammo plant

                            Graf & Sons, the reloading authority, has a wide selection of reloading supplies, shooting supplies, ammo and more.
                            se carga el diablo de la pistola...
                            .223, .25acp, 25-20win, 9mm, 38spl/.357, 10mm .308, 8mm M, 7mm Rem Mag, 45acp, .475 Wildey mag
                            On 2 Hornady LnL AP & Dillon Super 1050

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Colt562
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jun 2012
                              • 5271

                              only one left
                              Originally posted by bruceflinch
                              Tis Better, to be Overworked & Underpaid,
                              Than Oversexed & Underlaid...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1