Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Non magnetic 7.62x39

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • roger1022
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2008
    • 2008

    Non magnetic 7.62x39

    Did a search and couldn't find much.

    Most of the outdoor ranges do not allow magnetic ammo (Burro) and I don't got the $$$ for gun range memberships yet. All I want to do is have some fun at the monthly CalGuns shoots.

    As far as non magnetic 7.62x39 am I limited to the Yugo surplus and new production ammo?

    Yugo is hard to find the local gun show people want big bucks for it. For commercial ammo, PPU seems to be easy to find, although it's way more expensive (shipping). Any other ideas? Sure hope I didn't buy an expensive club/wall hanger, since I can't shoot it.
    You can give peace a chance...

    We'll cover you if it doesn't work out...
  • #2
    Capybara
    CGSSA Coordinator
    CGN Contributor
    • Feb 2012
    • 15658

    Yeah, that caliber is not ideal for most SoCal ranges.
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      crazychinaman
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 1557

      You are pretty much limited in Ca for 7.62x39.I know Have not shot my rifles in years.I have about 5 cases of the bad stuff.We are talking Norinco ammo.

      Comment

      • #4
        johnny1290
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2011
        • 1598

        Reload, or yugo, or there was a place selling some re-manuf. mil ammo with non mag bullets fwiw, but I'm sure it's sold out.

        I think there was wolf? that was non mag years ago

        That's all I've ever heard of except for $$$ stuff.

        Good luck, I'm in the same boat!

        Comment

        • #5
          Socalman
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2010
          • 1339

          There seems to be a decent amount of Romanian 7.62X39 around. It IS corrosive, so plan on cleaning your rifle very soon after firing. I think it is labeled as M79. I shoot it at Burro on a regular basis and when I set up at the rifle range, I usually walk over to the RSO and show him what I am shooting.

          Comment

          • #6
            Socalman
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2010
            • 1339

            I also found some WOLF that had a broad yellow stripe that was non-magnetic AND no corrosive, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

            Comment

            • #7
              roger1022
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2008
              • 2008

              Originally posted by Socalman
              There seems to be a decent amount of Romanian 7.62X39 around. It IS corrosive, so plan on cleaning your rifle very soon after firing. I think it is labeled as M79. I shoot it at Burro on a regular basis and when I set up at the rifle range, I usually walk over to the RSO and show him what I am shooting.
              Now that's something to look into.

              Originally posted by Socalman
              I also found some WOLF that had a broad yellow stripe that was non-magnetic AND no corrosive, but I can't seem to find it anymore.
              I've heard about that and from what I know, its not made anymore.
              You can give peace a chance...

              We'll cover you if it doesn't work out...

              Comment

              • #8
                bunnygn
                Junior Member
                • Jan 2013
                • 83

                Fiocchi makes some nice non-corrosive brass 7.62x39 (shoots great). Ammunitiontogo.com has some in stock, not terribly cheap in relation to steel-cased, but at least you can send something downrange at the SoCal indoor ranges.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Milsurps
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2010
                  • 2232

                  Fiocchi and Winchester white box 7.62x39 both nonmagnetic, noncorrosive.
                  ~ 2x the $ of cheap russian.

                  HTH
                  sigpic
                  Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

                  NRA Patron Member
                  NRA Range Safety Officer
                  California Rifle & Pistol Association Member


                  I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.
                  كافر

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    kygen
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2012
                    • 3259

                    sgammo has that de milled Russian surplus, but its out of stock at the moment
                    Originally posted by thrillhouse700
                    I have to wait until all the info is in before I make a statement. Obviously the family dogs had it coming.... other than that, waiting on more info.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      kygen
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 2012
                      • 3259

                      33 crates of the Romanian 7.62 found on this one site. YET they don't ship to the u.s..........Canadians.......
                      Originally posted by thrillhouse700
                      I have to wait until all the info is in before I make a statement. Obviously the family dogs had it coming.... other than that, waiting on more info.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        kygen
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 2012
                        • 3259

                        Canadians seemingly have all the Romanian
                        Originally posted by thrillhouse700
                        I have to wait until all the info is in before I make a statement. Obviously the family dogs had it coming.... other than that, waiting on more info.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Enfield47
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 6385

                          Yeah, 7.62x39 in So Cal pretty much limits you to Prvi Partizan, Fiocchi, or Yugo surplus. Wolf Gold used to make some IIRC but it is no longer on their production list.

                          Grafs has some Fiocchi in stock $12.19 for 20 rounds - shipping is included. Quantity is limited to 10 boxes.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            roger1022
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2008
                            • 2008

                            Originally posted by Enfield47
                            Yeah, 7.62x39 in So Cal pretty much limits you to Prvi Partizan, Fiocchi, or Yugo surplus. Wolf Gold used to make some IIRC but it is no longer on their production list.

                            Grafs has some Fiocchi in stock $12.19 for 20 rounds - shipping is included. Quantity is limited to 10 boxes.
                            Thanks for the info everyone. Had a feeling my options were limited.

                            Unfortunately I live within the Hell A (LA) city limits so Grafs won't ship anything here.

                            So far, looks like I'm gonna shoot my AR and someone else's firearms next get together.
                            You can give peace a chance...

                            We'll cover you if it doesn't work out...

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1