Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Imput on my First 223 loads

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    ExtremeX
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2010
    • 7160

    Its much easier to read accuracy results when you shoot at a distance... before your next range trip I would consider making a better ladder in .3 or .5 gr increments. Jumping from 23gr to 25.5 isn't load development...

    I have found most of my accuracy loads at mid to mid/high range depending on the powder. If I really want to fine tune I take the load that shot the best and go back out with another ladder up and down in .1 or .2 gr increments from the last good load.

    A quarter measures about an inch so at 50 yards that's about a 2 MOA load at best, I suspect there is much room for improvement. Who's bullets are you using, that can be a limiting factor. If you have a magnified optic sitting around it might be worth your while to swap it out just for the load testing.
    Last edited by ExtremeX; 04-29-2013, 6:06 PM.
    ExtremeX

    Comment

    • #17
      AdidasCJ
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2011
      • 1135

      Not sure on who makes these bullets. A buddy gave them to me to fill in my last peice of my 223 needed puzzle to load. When i get going for the longer range ima go with a way better pullet. And these seem will work out to just take out and plink around with.

      I wanna try different powders too. Best ive done with factory loads from federal was a home plate size gong at the range in Lytle creek. Dont remember if it was 200 or 300yrds... i wanna say 200. And only on a red dot.
      'socialism is fine, until you run out of other peoples money'

      -Maggie Thatcher

      Comment

      • #18
        JagerDog
        I need a LIFE!!
        • May 2011
        • 15680

        Originally posted by AdidasCJ
        Went out today to pop off the new loads. I must say, both loads did nicely. No Jams, no FTE. At 50 yards i was able to group them up very nicely. I do like the 25.5 load, the 23 was smooth shooting too. Cycled the AR just fine. In with a rapid fire. Inspected the spent cases and no bulge nothing.
        Do you know how to read a primer? "Bulge", isn't the typical indicator you should be looking for.
        Palestine is a fake country

        No Mas Hamas



        #Blackolivesmatter

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1