Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Handloader mag.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    mark501w
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 1699

    Wow, nice site looks like I'am going to have to shell out more dough!

    Comment

    • #17
      jg7
      Junior Member
      • Apr 2013
      • 53

      I like this magazine. Good information and it does not seem to have the huge bias that some of the other gun magazines have.

      Comment

      • #18
        Ike Arumba
        Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 302

        Originally posted by mark501w
        This is must reading for the Neophite (newbie) & Tyro (pro) reloader.
        Actually, tyro means novice.
        He that dasheth in pieces is come up before thy face: keep the munition, watch the way, make thy loins strong, fortify thy power mightily.
        -- Nahum 2:1

        Comment

        • #19
          mark501w
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2011
          • 1699

          thanx

          Comment

          • #20
            rconnerley
            Member
            • Jun 2009
            • 179

            Yep. It's my favorite gun mag. Good info on loading common rounds as well as education about the rare stuff. Call me oldfashioned but I still like having a paper copy to hold.
            Interested in Appleseed? PM me for info

            Comment

            • #21
              rconnerley
              Member
              • Jun 2009
              • 179

              Yep. It's my favorite gun mag. Good info on loading common rounds as well as education about the rare stuff. Call me oldfashioned but I still like having a paper copy to hold.
              Interested in Appleseed? PM me for info

              Comment

              • #22
                noylj
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2010
                • 713

                One thing "interesting" about Handloader--you get different viewpoints on loading. One will detail all the little meaningless things and rituals you can do and another will just load to load (see Mike Venturino (sp) columns on loading for his WWII arms collection).
                I may disagree with certain approaches, but it is good to read different viewpoints and NOT have the writers trying to sell some new gimmick.
                However, I wish they would cover WHY they chose certain loads. Often, they cover one load per powder but they don't say WHY they selected that charge weight over others. I don't know if that was the best load for that powder or if that was simply a mid-level load from some manual they just grabbed at random.
                At least, unlike other mags, their group sizes are not always unbelievably small.

                Comment

                • #23
                  damndave
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Oct 2008
                  • 10858

                  I have a couple issues here, but haven't got around to reading them yet.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    ivanimal
                    Janitors assistant
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Sep 2002
                    • 14365

                    Yes love the older ones as well. Proud owner of pet loads as well.
                    "I would kill for a Nobel peace prize." Steven Wright"
                    Board Member CGSSA Donate now!
                    NRA lifetime member

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      rromeo
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 6981

                      I have been reading it for only a few years. I need to get back copies.
                      Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

                      - from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
                      (Revised Eastern Sect Edition)

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        anyracoon
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 2006
                        • 3704

                        Pet Loads was my go to book way back before I could afford a chrony.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          otteray
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2006
                          • 3246

                          My late dad had a few articles on .41 Mag ,40-65 and 45-70 Marlins, back in the '90s. I still refer to them for info. The old mags are full of interesting articles. If I ever see Handloader on the supermarket magazine rack, I'll buy it!
                          sigpic
                          Single fin mentality

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            mark501w
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2011
                            • 1699

                            I bought 1-33 because of some discussion about handloaders blowing up their guns with reduced loads of slow burning powder. A Navy Ballistician wrote the magazine explaining what was happening to the reloaders because they had the same problem with 16" Battle Ship guns.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              thomashoward
                              In Memoriam
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 1991

                              since 1979
                              http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/...0fa5fefab1.jpghttp://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/...Untitled-2.jpghttp://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/...tar76148_1.jpg
                              "Everyone has two lives,the second one starts when you realize you only have one "

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                wtkaiser
                                Senior Member
                                • Oct 2011
                                • 660

                                I started out with paper, then I went electronic for a year. That didn't work out so well, because I like to take it with me to work and it would have been a waste of toner to print every page. So now I am back with good old paper. handloader and Rifle are THE two best magazines for this guy, and they don't need to be in plain brown wrappers like my favorites of days gone by.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1