Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

dillon xl650 help -----san diego/ encinitas

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • brando123
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 505

    dillon xl650 help -----san diego/ encinitas

    Hi there I was wondering if anyone knows how to set up a dillon xl650 reloading press. I have it factory set for .44mag. I also have all the conversion parts for .45 acp. .50ae that is supposed to be a little tricky. I also got the shell plate barring kit . I was hoping someone could come over and help me get started with this thing. I would really appreciate any help I can get. thanks...b
    Last edited by brando123; 03-23-2013, 10:43 AM.
  • #2
    Sheldon
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 2149

    Probably help to list where you live. It isn't difficult. They include directions and I'm sure there is a Youtube video out there showing it as well. You sound like you won't need to swap primer sizes which would probably be the hardest part. You have extra toolheads for each caliber?

    Comment

    • #3
      bearstatearmory.com
      Vendor/Retailer
      • Mar 2010
      • 523

      Originally posted by brando123
      Hi there I was wondering if anyone knows how to set up a dillon xl650 reloading press. I have it factory set for .44mag. I also have all the conversion parts for .45 acp. .50ae that is supposed to be a little tricky. I also got the shell plate barring kit . I was hoping someone could come over and help me get started with this thing. I would really appreciate any help I can get. thanks...b
      x2 those of us on taptalk can't see cities, post counts, etc...

      Comment

      • #4
        RandyD
        Calguns Addict
        • Jan 2009
        • 6673

        Go to the Dillon website, you can download the factory instructions as a pdf file. I have owned my Dillon 650 for almost 20 years and I use the instructions when changing calibers. The instructions are step by step and easy to follow.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          brando123
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2012
          • 505

          i'm in encinitas, san diego

          Comment

          • #6
            CDP45
            Junior Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 97

            Do you shoot at iron sights or pala? If so there are plenty of folks who own 650's that would probably be willing to assist you

            Comment

            • #7
              RX729
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2012
              • 846

              youtube helped me alot setting up my machine

              Comment

              • #8
                Davisje011
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2012
                • 556

                +1,000,000 for youtube.
                Brass, Brass, and Brass for Sale!!!!!!
                http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...8#post12109638

                Comment

                • #9
                  trishaxjo1
                  Junior Member
                  • Apr 2013
                  • 1

                  dillon xl650 help -----san diego/ encinitas

                  Hi, Why you can't go to you tube video there you can find how to set up this dillon xl650. I can come to help you but i don't have time these days but some other if you can wait.
                  encinitas Locksmith

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    milw50717
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 740

                    Dillons make a DVD that shows setup and calibre changes.


                    It used to be available on VHS, so if you have a VCR you may be able to find one cheaper.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1