Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Opinions on Winchester 9mm

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bizcuits
    In Memoriam
    • Aug 2006
    • 6957

    Opinions on Winchester 9mm

    Was wondering on some of the opinions on the Winchester Target / Range 9mm 115gr fmj's from Walmart. Any problems etc?

    Looking to run them in my G19 and XD9
    Owner of Patriot Apparel - Decals, Vintage Signs, Apparel and More!
    Ebay Store Link
    Etsy Store Link
  • #2
    What Just Happened?
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2007
    • 2504

    The only problems with them are their price. Now they're market-priced at $18.xx/100 rather than the $15.xx/100 that they used to be.

    I've ran over 1500 of them through my CZ's and a friend of mine has run about 700 through my CZ's and his GLOCK. Not a single problem.

    Comment

    • #3
      weekend_plinker
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2007
      • 810

      walmarts price is $19 and at the local gun shops they are 14-15 dollars. Guess where I will be spending my money.

      Comment

      • #4
        mur
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2006
        • 1831

        Originally posted by Bizcuits
        Was wondering on some of the opinions on the Winchester Target / Range 9mm 115gr fmj's from Walmart. Any problems etc?

        Looking to run them in my G19 and XD9
        My XD9 loves the WWB, not a single issue (over 1300 rounds)
        "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong,
        is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."
        - Teddy Roosevelt

        Comment

        • #5
          mur
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2006
          • 1831

          Originally posted by weekend_plinker
          walmarts price is $19 and at the local gun shops they are 14-15 dollars. Guess where I will be spending my money.
          You sure your not talking about the 50rd box?
          "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong,
          is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."
          - Teddy Roosevelt

          Comment

          • #6
            What Just Happened?
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2007
            • 2504

            Originally posted by weekend_plinker
            walmarts price is $19 and at the local gun shops they are 14-15 dollars. Guess where I will be spending my money.
            Around So Cal, it's about $12/50 at the gun stores.

            Comment

            • #7
              Rob454
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Feb 2006
              • 11254

              Never had a problem with that ammo

              Comment

              • #8
                Stanze
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 3301

                I've heard of other people having issues with the WWB in regards to feeding, squibs and even kbs (I don't have a link), but I've used it. It leaves your gun on the dirty side though.

                For about the same price you can buy Blazer Brass 9mm 115gr. FMJ which shoots cleaner. I've heard the brass from Blazer is better for reloading that WWB brass, but I don't reload so it's not an issue with me.

                I've heard mixed reviews on the Remington bulk pack 9mm.
                Constitutionally, officials cannot license or register a fundamental right.

                "It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority." - Benjamin Franklin


                "Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack." -Stanze

                Comment

                • #9
                  tcp
                  Member
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 229

                  It's pretty much all i use in a glock 17, cz p-01, beretta 92 and a star model b and never have had a problem or issues.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    11Z50
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2002
                    • 1997

                    I've noted that the rounds from WWB 50rd boxes seem to be loaded a little lighter than the WWB 100rd boxes. Maybe a different production run. I believe I heard somewhere that the WWB/100 are made by Sellier and Bellot.

                    WWB is a good buy and generally pretty decent ammo, IMHO.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      chickenfried
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 7160

                      No problems here with the WWB 9mm, ~1000 rounds of it through my cz75. Don't recall seeing many reports of problems with it either.
                      Last edited by chickenfried; 04-19-2008, 5:17 PM.
                      Originally posted by victor1echo
                      Hollywood is satan!!!!
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1