Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Hoarders buried alive-

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mp5marley
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 1257

    Hoarders buried alive-

    Hope this isn't bashing but I have a smile on my face as I see the gougers being stuck with ammo and stripped lowers on the classifieds. Nothing wrong with stockpiling and keep few spare lowers on hand but trying to buy stuff,gouge,flip, rip, or take advantage of the situation ain't cool. Not to mention, it is contributing to the panic! Hope I don't get bashed or banned for expressing peasant's opinion.
    <iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3o7WTCBePyp2GCamIM" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/scared-donald-trump-bernie-sanders-3o7WTCBePyp2GCamIM">via GIPHY</a></p>
  • #2
    Rwnielsen
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 639

    I like to think we'll be seeing a lot of discounts soon I also have a short list of people I won't deal with
    NRA Lifer/Endowment/Patron Member

    Comment

    • #3
      VegasND
      Calguns Addict
      • Aug 2007
      • 8621

      After each panic comes a round of lower prices and discounting. I haven't bought any guns or ammo in months; when things calm down I'll start shopping again.
      People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.
      --River Tam

      Comment

      • #4
        J-cat
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2005
        • 6626

        Originally posted by Mp5marley
        Hope this isn't bashing but I have a smile on my face as I see the gougers being stuck with ammo and stripped lowers on the classifieds. Nothing wrong with stockpiling and keep few spare lowers on hand but trying to buy stuff,gouge,flip, rip, or take advantage of the situation ain't cool. Not to mention, it is contributing to the panic! Hope I don't get bashed or banned for expressing peasant's opinion.
        Don't take this as bashing, but in a free market you don't have a right to purchase products at a price you feel is fair. It's early bird gets the worm.

        How would you feel if after a major disaster people posted threads like "I love the way the ill prepared are starving" or "Just shot my fifth looter!"?

        Comment

        • #5
          tiller
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2011
          • 794

          I've been saving for a while now for when people dump off all there stuff...

          Going to try and get my 22lr pile to 100k

          It's rediculous how expensive it got
          .223 & .308 brass processing

          Comment

          • #6
            5.56Geo
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2010
            • 1889

            Yea, I'm with you Mp5marley, it's not bashing just kind on funny. It puts a smile on my face as well. I understand the "Free Market" and how it works. A fool and his money are soon separated.

            I think it's funny to see PSA LPK's w/o trigger control groups going for $100+/- and PSA has them in stock for $59 and people still buying then for $100, "I'll take it".

            Before long there will be a ton of .22, .223, 9mm, lowers, LPK's and BCG's. on the market for cheap.
            Last edited by 5.56Geo; 03-17-2013, 11:07 AM.
            Live free or die trying!

            Comment

            • #7
              uhlan1
              Calguns Addict
              • Aug 2012
              • 6217

              Here we go again....
              People should have listened and prepared instead of waiting for supply to evaporate.
              Demand outstrips supply, prices go up. that simple.
              If the market states the Glock 17 I bought 3 years ago for 450.00 is now worth 650.00 because people are willingly jumping over each other to pay that price than that is what it is worth. Demand drops, it returns to 'normal". Demand disappears, value drops even more. That simple.


              I'm proud to be a hoarder. But serious hoarders contribute nothing to this panic or contribute to the demand. We had all our guns, mags and tons of ammo long before the panic and the upsurge in prices. We listened, we saw the writing on the wall. All this was so bloody predictable. Nor have we really bought a dang thing since the inception of the panic, so we are not the one's fueling demand.

              There may be other factors as well. People could be grabbing every 50 round box they can find because of looming ammo laws in this Constitution hating state.
              Pricing on AR's AK's and such include not just the high demand, but people are selling items they may never be able to replace. Adds a premium.. I know I keep that in mind. No sale, big deal, back in the safe.
              Then there's the looming long gun registration coming up in the face of a panic.
              "Hence it happened that all the armed prophets conquered, all the unarmed perished." - Niccolo Machiavelli

              Comment

              • #8
                bohoki
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2006
                • 20826

                i do not see them ever losing money on their stockpile worst case they can break even

                Comment

                • #9
                  Sac-AR15
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 881

                  I'm glad I stocked up way before this madness. Hopefully people will stop paying this ridiculous prices for ammo so maybe we can get back to normal.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    UnknownShooter
                    Member
                    • Mar 2013
                    • 335

                    Originally posted by Mp5marley
                    Hope this isn't bashing but I have a smile on my face as I see the gougers being stuck with ammo and stripped lowers on the classifieds. Nothing wrong with stockpiling and keep few spare lowers on hand but trying to buy stuff,gouge,flip, rip, or take advantage of the situation ain't cool. Not to mention, it is contributing to the panic! Hope I don't get bashed or banned for expressing peasant's opinion.
                    I've sold a lot of stuff lately at "gouger" pricing.. not sure where people draw the line? Is it "gouging" to charge top dollar for something I bought for myself, to keep, that I might not be able to replace?


                    Is it gouging to sell something I ordered a month ago, intended to keep, that *can* be replaced, just not sure when, for top dollar? The buyer *could* just get in line and wait, or effectively pay *me* to give up my "bird in the hand" for cash today..

                    Im not talking about emptying the sheves at wally-world.. im pretty sure some of the worst offenders are gun shops operating on the fringes..

                    Im not confident that there will be a massive supply and re-pricing on ammo, people are willing to pay $.50 a round for 9mm, so it might stabilize at whatever wal-mart is currently charging, but wal-mart isnt a monastery.. having been in the auto-parts biz before, ive seen them sell below cost for a while just to kill the competition, then jack prices hard when they're the only game in town. Im specifically speaking about motor oil.. when other retailers buying in quantity were paying $.90 a quart, wally-world was selling in my hometown @ $.65 per quart.. no way their discount was that big.. after a few months, it crept up to $1.25.. higher than it started.. most parts stores at the time sold oil for right about cost, to get you to buy filters, air fresheners, etc there..

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Sheldon
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 2149

                      It will be interesting to see what it does to prices on the classifieds everywhere when prices drop to normal again. I know there has been a HUGE upsurge in reloading. First time I recall of where many reloader companies are backordered on presses and dies!! When ammo supplies and prices get back to where there should be, how many of the new reloaders will just start buying ammo again? Will the new presses get thrown on the market and will there be such a glut of used equipment that you see their value drop some. Dillon stuff usually retains a pretty high percentage due to their lifetime warranty....has not been unusual to see used ones go for 75% the cost of a new one.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        dogslayer1313
                        Member
                        • Dec 2010
                        • 312

                        I personally don't think it's going to go back to normal untill these new california firearm proposals are settled. If some of these proposals get passed this might just be the beginning of a larger panic before they become law. Not a nation wide panic, but at least a California Buying frenzy. There are Too many unknowns right now. I sure hope I am wrong.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          AGGRO
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 2793

                          I put off buying far too long and then had to make a choice. What's the min I have to buy in to be safe if there are bans. I bought a lower for about 60 bucks more than it would have sold for before the mania. Worst case is I'm out 60 bucks. Best case is the market will be flooded with cheap stuff by summer. As far as ammo etc I may unload some as I have a ton and now is a good time to do that. I may able to buy an upper just on what I sell my excess ammo. I have a reloader so I can make all I need no matter what happens.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            randomBytes
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2012
                            • 1607

                            I see nothing wrong with stockpiling what you want.

                            But speculation is another beast - pure greed - never sad to see them lose.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              johnny1290
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2011
                              • 1598

                              I've sold a bunch of stuff lately that I bought in Nov. It wasn't exactly a secret there was going to be a run on components.

                              Fat chance things will go 'cheap'. I got 30k small rifle primers. Think they'll cost me less to replace next year? Is that how it works? Because I look at threads from a few years ago, and oddly things were cheaper then.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1