Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Simi Valley RCBS Reloader Parts?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Weevil
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2013
    • 3

    Simi Valley RCBS Reloader Parts?

    I'll be in the Simi Valley area of Southern California tomorrow and am in need of some parts for my reloading dies, especially a .223 decapper/expander. Darn thing broke after only 10 years! Does anybody know of shops in the area that stocks a good supply of these kind of things?

    Weevil
  • #2
    damndave
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Oct 2008
    • 10858

    Not sure of a store, but doesn't RCBS have a lifetime warranty? If they are like the other reloading companies, they will send you a free one.

    Comment

    • #3
      ditchdigger
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2010
      • 976

      My experience with parts is hit and miss at the store. Call RCBS. They have great customer service.

      Comment

      • #4
        BigBronco also not a Cabinetguy
        Calguns Addict
        • Jul 2009
        • 7079

        When I broke one RCBS replaced it for free
        "Life is a long song" Jethro Tull

        Comment

        • #5
          Davisje011
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2012
          • 556

          Originally posted by Weevil
          I'll be in the Simi Valley area of Southern California tomorrow and am in need of some parts for my reloading dies, especially a .223 decapper/expander. Darn thing broke after only 10 years! Does anybody know of shops in the area that stocks a good supply of these kind of things?

          Weevil
          What part broke, the large stalk, or the pin?
          Brass, Brass, and Brass for Sale!!!!!!
          http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...8#post12109638

          Comment

          • #6
            Weevil
            Junior Member
            • Mar 2013
            • 3

            The part that failed was the expander piece that screws onto the shaft and secures the pin. It was actually operator error. The cap was not screwed down tightly and the force of neck expanding pulled it off the shaft along with 3-4 threads, so not readily repairable. I've got taps and dies and may resort to a repair if I can't get a replacement.

            I didn't realize RCBS had a lifetime warranty, I'll call them and see if it extends to operator error! Worst case maybe they will send me a new one if I offer to pay for it. It's irritating to be unable to reload because of an $8 part. In any case if I can find one today in a store I'll pick one up and be done with it. If anybody has any store recommendations I'd appreciate it.

            Comment

            • #7
              Big Dog
              Junior Member
              • Dec 2012
              • 18

              I am in the Simi area. I have a brand new in the box P/N 11129 Full Length Sizer Die that uses a #10 Shell Holder RCBS that you could have today. If that works for you, what have you to trade? Thanks

              Comment

              • #8
                Weevil
                Junior Member
                • Mar 2013
                • 3

                Sorry for the delay, I've been out of down. That part number is for the entire sizing/decapping die. I have the die, just need the internal threaded rod with the decapping pin chuck on the end. I should have it in a few eeeks from either Midway or RDBS, I have an order in to both. Thanks for the offer tho.

                Comment

                • #9
                  anyracoon
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 2006
                  • 3704

                  Just E-mail RCBS, I broke the same piece and I had a replacement in a week.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Davisje011
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 556

                    Oaktree has them in stock.
                    Brass, Brass, and Brass for Sale!!!!!!
                    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...8#post12109638

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1