Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

should I

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Rider1k
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 1939

    should I

    I reload for 223/556 and 45 Auto currently. As I can not find primers or powder and sometimes leads for these should I consider reloading for my hunting rifles? 270 ,7mm, 300 weatherby, 250 sav.?
  • #2
    Rwnielsen
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 639

    Yes. This is a temporary situation brought on by panic buying. I reload for everything I shoot (except 22). Gradually build up some stock when you see a good deal. You'll save money in the long run.....and have a good time doing it
    NRA Lifer/Endowment/Patron Member

    Comment

    • #3
      Dark Mod
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 4284

      So you reload for the cheapest/least rewarding rounds to load for, but shoot expensive/super rewarding hunting rounds?

      Yes definatley you should start handloading your expensive hunting rounds.

      Comment

      • #4
        Rider1k
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2012
        • 1939

        I'm just afraid all the supplies will dry up asap as did with the others

        Comment

        • #5
          Dark Mod
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2011
          • 4284

          Originally posted by Rider1k
          I'm just afraid all the supplies will dry up asap as did with the others
          Youll have a way harder time finding .224 bullets than you will any of your hunting rounds.

          Good news is you dont need to to pump out 1000 300 weatherby cartridges. 50 of those things will last you a couple seasons.

          Comment

          • #6
            russt
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2012
            • 1039

            Load everything you shoot.

            Comment

            • #7
              Divernhunter
              Calguns Addict
              • May 2010
              • 8753

              I only shoot my loads for hunting. Reload for all.
              A 30cal will reach out and touch them. A 50cal will kick their butt.
              NRA Life Member, NRA certified RSO & Basic Pistol Instructor, Hunter, shooter, reloader
              SCI, Manteca Sportsmen Club, Coalinga Rifle Club, Escalon Sportsmans Club, Waterford Sportsman Club & NAHA Member, Madison Society member

              Comment

              • #8
                NoNOS67
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2008
                • 2161

                Originally posted by Divernhunter
                I only shoot my loads for hunting. Reload for all.
                Yup! I started out reloading for my hunting rifles.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1