Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

No more ammo at Walmart? False alarm?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Gary O
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2005
    • 933

    No more ammo at Walmart? False alarm?

    According to Rush Limbaugh, Walmart has cancelled any future ammo orders at the manufacturer level until they see how any new laws will effect their bottom line...I hope he is mistaken. I do a bunch of business with Walmart and would hate to take my $$$ somewhere else.



    Perhaps I should stand corrected? Read this:
    Last edited by Gary O; 01-14-2013, 7:35 PM. Reason: links added
    Gary

    Never underestimate the likelihood that the Republicans will cave...
  • #2
    XDRoX
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 4420

    I wouldn't trust RL as far as I could throw him. As long as walmart is making money off ammo they'll continue to sell it IMO.

    And no offense, but this last part made me lol a little

    Originally posted by Gary O
    I do a bunch of business with Walmart and would hate to take my $$$ somewhere else.
    Chris
    <----Rimfire Addict


    Originally posted by Oceanbob
    Get a DILLON...

    Comment

    • #3
      klewan
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2011
      • 3031

      I was in the local Walmart last week, never saw the ammo cage so empty. Maybe 25% of the shelves had something on them. Clerk said they order every day and it gets zeroed out. I asked about "regulars" coming in 3 or 4 times a day, yeah, those too..

      Comment

      • #4
        kajvid
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2008
        • 1466

        Originally posted by klewan
        I was in the local Walmart last week, never saw the ammo cage so empty. Maybe 25% of the shelves had something on them. Clerk said they order every day and it gets zeroed out. I asked about "regulars" coming in 3 or 4 times a day, yeah, those too..

        What do you mean "zeroed out"? Taken off the order? Sold back down to zero?
        ---------------------------------------
        8/29/1997

        Comment

        • #5
          rickster1269
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2009
          • 1279

          told you all

          Comment

          • #6
            NotEnufGarage
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Oct 2010
            • 4832

            Originally posted by XDRoX
            I wouldn't trust RL as far as I could throw him. As long as walmart is making money off ammo they'll continue to sell it IMO.

            And no offense, but this last part made me lol a little
            Hopey Changey, much??
            sigpic
            NRA Life Member (Benefactor level)

            "Those who give up some of their liberty in order to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty, nor safety." B. Franklin
            Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
            Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

            The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting or competition shooting. It's all about your inalienable rights to life and liberty.

            Comment

            • #7
              kurac
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2005
              • 2917

              you can't sell what you don't have. If I was an ammo manufacturer and my total production for 2013 was already sold, the last company I would want to deal with would be Walmart, Home Depot would be second. These big companies really grind down their suppliers because they can place big orders.
              www.culinagrips.com
              "custom grips for shooters by shooters"

              Comment

              • #8
                razr
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2008
                • 1415

                The last 3 WM stores I have visited all get ammo daily.
                Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus.
                What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.
                Nothing worse than an overrated F*** and an underrated S***
                iF it'S nOt an aCt of goD, iT's a ConSpirAcy. If it can be measured, it can be optimized.
                "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." Chris Hitchens

                Comment

                • #9
                  klewan
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 3031

                  a

                  Originally posted by kajvid
                  What do you mean "zeroed out"? Taken off the order? Sold back down to zero?
                  Taken off the order; it never gets in the truck, let alone the store. It's going to be a long year if you want to buy anything gun related. If you had something a month ago, that's what you'll have for the rest of the year.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    1911master
                    Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • 139

                    walmart corona off ontario had about 3 boxes in the case guy said no more ammo

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      gregorio
                      Member
                      • Jan 2012
                      • 265



                      WND EXCLUSIVE

                      Walmart responds to 'suspended ammo' story

                      Report states retail giant cutting orders, anticipating gun control
                      Published: 49 mins ago
                      byChelsea SchillingEmail | Archive


                      The blogosphere has exploded with outrage in response to news that Walmart is suspending ammunition sales in anticipation of the Obama administration’s gun-control recommendations to Congress – but the retail giant tells WND the reports aren’t true.

                      “That information is inaccurate,” said Ashley Hardie, a spokeswoman located at Walmart’s corporate headquarters in Bentonville, Ark.

                      WND then asked whether the retail chain is cutting back on orders of ammunition.

                      “No,” Hardie said. “We’re continuing to serve our customers as we have in the past.”

                      She said Walmart’s ammunition sales policy has not changed, even amid talk of gun-control legislation in Washington, D.C.

                      The uproar began when the InvestmentWatch blog posted a story headlined, “Breaking & confirmed: Walmart is not going to order any more ammo.”

                      CNS News cited the report, and talk-radio host Rush Limbaugh mentioned it during his Monday show.

                      According to the InvestmentWatch report, a man claimed to have visited his local Walmart and noticed the store was “out of almost every kind of ammo.”

                      “The manager I talked to said they had not heard anything, but she tried to order some .223 as I was standing there. She said the order was being rejected by the corporate office. Said she had never had that happen.”

                      He added, “She called corporate as I was standing there. And was told this, ‘As of right now Walmart is not going to be making any new orders of ammo because of the upcoming decision on the Second Amendment.’ Said, ‘As of right now we are unsure of what new legislation might be coming, and because of this, we are suspending new orders. We will continue to sell what is already in stock in stores and at our distribution centers, but any new orders will not be shipped until the issue is resolved.’

                      “So after they run out, there will be no restocking until Obama makes his decision. How’s that change working out for you now?”

                      The InvestmentWatch posting also included an audio recording which was purportedly taken as a man called Walmart’s customer service line.

                      “I went to my local Walmart to go get some ammunition, and they said they were out,” the caller said. “I was looking for .223. Are you all still going to be selling ammunition? The lady seemed confused about whether they were going to get any more in stock.”

                      The person claiming to be a Walmart representative can be heard saying, “You know, there is going to be a new policy change, according to the federal gun control act, the new law that the president’s getting ready to enact.”

                      The caller then asked, “Well, you don’t have any idea what that says, do you? Is that saying you’re no longer going to carry ammunition?”

                      The man responded, “To be honest with you, I don’t know what the policy is going to be, but I know they, but I was told they’re going to be reviewing it.”

                      WND has not been able to verify whether the man on the call was, in fact, a customer service representative for Walmart.

                      Earlier today, the CNS News report on the story had been linked by WND. Under the posting, more than 400 concerned readers had commented under the post.

                      The following are some of those comments:
                      •If I cannot buy ammo at Walmart, my wife can do no shopping there at all. That is not arbitrary, that is the rule of my home.
                      •Sounds like what happens in a dictatorship doesn’t it?
                      •It saddens me to see this happen. It is clearly a first step toward a socialistic takeover of our once great nation. Buy ammo where you can and seriously consider learning to reload your own. You don’t have to stop selling weapons if there is no ammunition to fire.
                      •Walmart is mainstream, and the sales of ammo there are as American as apple pie.
                      •I believe Walmart was threatened.
                      •If Walmart knuckles under to the administration on this, I won’t set foot in the place again. I hope Sam Walton figures the Chinese will support his enterprise.
                      •TRAITORS! Ban Wally’s World.
                      •Boycott Walmart, dump their stock.
                      •The cowards capitulate in the face of tyranny. Remember this and spend your money accordingly.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        rromeo
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 6981

                        My wife talked to the general manager of our local store, who happens to be a gun enthusiast. He called back later and said that corporate has cut off orders from stores, and has switched to an allocation system.
                        Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

                        - from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
                        (Revised Eastern Sect Edition)

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          razr
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 1415

                          My story is somewhat similar to yours romeo. I was told that Walmart corp office is now placing the orders and not the store managers and yes they are still getting daily shipments but couldn't tell what they were getting.
                          Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus.
                          What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.
                          Nothing worse than an overrated F*** and an underrated S***
                          iF it'S nOt an aCt of goD, iT's a ConSpirAcy. If it can be measured, it can be optimized.
                          "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." Chris Hitchens

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            jeffmatt@san.rr.com
                            Junior Member
                            • Dec 2012
                            • 1

                            Walmart Kearney Mesa - No ammo

                            I was at the Walmart store in Kearney Mesa (San Diego) about an hour ago. They had absolutely ZERO ammo. I could not find a clerk that would admit to knowing anything at all. Since the shelves were completely empty, it would appear that they pulled the ammo from the shelf. Otherwise there would some stray ammo left. FWIW

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Dutch3
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Oct 2010
                              • 14181

                              I read today (and I don't remember where, so consider it an unfounded rumor) that this is due to Wal-Mart being selected as sole supplier of ammo to the masses under the "Hope & Change" being announced tomorrow.

                              It seems they were given an offer they couldn't refuse.

                              WM would have to implement background check systems in all of its stores, but in exchange would be the only retailer permitted to sell ammunition.

                              It sounds like complete FUD and I hope it is, but it is out there somewhere.
                              Just taking up space in (what is no longer) the second-worst small town in California.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1