Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Classic Lee Loader

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #2
    the led farmer
    Member
    • May 2011
    • 194

    That's all you need to reload. I personally don't have one but I would not be opposed to using one. i bet it reloads better than the average joe can shoot.

    for rifle it neck sizes only so it's only effective for bolt action.
    Last edited by the led farmer; 01-04-2013, 8:48 PM.

    Comment

    • #3
      troysland
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2009
      • 2182

      I Love mine! about 2000 .223 and 1500 9mm through mine and not even broken in! j/k.
      Originally posted by Colonel David Crockett
      "Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"

      Comment

      • #4
        Sheldon
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 2149

        Not opposed to them, just think you will out grow it in VERY short order. ANY single stage press will be faster to use.

        Comment

        • #5
          call-in
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2011
          • 646

          Originally posted by troysland
          I Love mine! about 2000 .223 and 1500 9mm through mine and not even broken in! j/k.
          How long do you spend loading 100rds of 9mm?

          Originally posted by ninjastar310
          I was wondering whats your guys thought on the Classic Lee Loader for .223,9mm and 45 acp? I dont mind the labor,sound and how long it takes to load but how effective is it?

          http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoot...Tz_stype%3DGNU
          I don't know, something about using a hammer to set primers just doesn't appeal to me.
          -Colin
          ︻デ═一

          Originally posted by KillAllGuns
          Black color scheme makes the bullets more deadly.

          Comment

          • #6
            BLK
            Member
            • Dec 2012
            • 361

            Originally posted by ninjastar310
            I was wondering whats your guys thought on the Classic Lee Loader for .223,9mm and 45 acp? I dont mind the labor,sound and how long it takes to load but how effective is it?

            http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoot...Tz_stype%3DGNU
            I have been using it for year now, very good kit! The only problem is the noise if you live in an apartment!

            Comment

            • #7
              rsrocket1
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2010
              • 2772

              How long do you spend loading 100rds of 9mm?
              Watch the inverter himself. Richard Lee doing .308 in 40 seconds
              Same steps for a 9mm
              Multiply by 100:
              enjoy

              Comment

              • #8
                Dark Mod
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2011
                • 4284

                Dude, a single stage would be 100 times better for like $20 more

                Comment

                • #9
                  fatfreadiescat
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 669

                  great place to start, you can learn alot from them and they never lose value on resale.
                  I still use the dippers, much more accurate than my rcbs uniflow with IMR 4895

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ninjastar310
                    Member
                    • Nov 2010
                    • 166

                    Originally posted by Dark Mod
                    Dude, a single stage would be 100 times better for like $20 more
                    And what would that be? Because wouldnt I still need to buy the dies, powder measure and what not.

                    Question

                    1-Dont I still need to trim the cases?
                    2-What else would I need with this kit like a pocket primer cleaner and so on and so forth?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      bohoki
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jan 2006
                      • 20826

                      it took me like 4 hours once to make 100 rounds of 44 magnum with lee loader but that takes into account casting the bullets

                      but after all that hammer whacking i swore never again

                      it really makes you feel like you are in frontier times

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        rsrocket1
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 2772

                        Unless you are loading for a .223 bolt action rifle, the Lee loader won't be the best choice. It only neck sizes bottle neck rifle rounds. Usually, there is no need to trim straight walled handgun cases and there is no need to clean the primer pockets either.

                        If you are relying on the scoops of the Lee Loader, you can use the scoops that come with the Lee die sets too. Just buy a scale to make sure you know what weights of powder you are dropping.

                        I could see justifying a Lee loader if you are out in the mountains and using your bolt gun while hunting and need another 20 rounds, but loading up a couple of hundred pistol rounds for a range session is really pushing it, especially if you intend to do this a few times a month. But of course if you have the time, then go for it.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          ninjastar310
                          Member
                          • Nov 2010
                          • 166

                          Originally posted by rsrocket1
                          Unless you are loading for a .223 bolt action rifle, the Lee loader won't be the best choice. It only neck sizes bottle neck rifle rounds. Usually, there is no need to trim straight walled handgun cases and there is no need to clean the primer pockets either.

                          If you are relying on the scoops of the Lee Loader, you can use the scoops that come with the Lee die sets too. Just buy a scale to make sure you know what weights of powder you are dropping.

                          I could see justifying a Lee loader if you are out in the mountains and using your bolt gun while hunting and need another 20 rounds, but loading up a couple of hundred pistol rounds for a range session is really pushing it, especially if you intend to do this a few times a month. But of course if you have the time, then go for it.
                          What would you recommend and what do you mean by stright walled handgun cases?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            rsrocket1
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 2010
                            • 2772

                            The Lee loader only does neck sizing on bottleneck cases. It does do resizing of straight walled rounds like .38, .44, .45, etc. maybe straight walled rifle too like .30 carbine or any rifle round without a bottleneck.

                            If you want to full length resize a bottleneck case, the Lee loader is not the way to go, you need a press.

                            You might get away with neck sizing only on a .233, but you risk failure to chamber and failure to extract.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              ninjastar310
                              Member
                              • Nov 2010
                              • 166

                              Originally posted by rsrocket1
                              The Lee loader only does neck sizing on bottleneck cases. It does do resizing of straight walled rounds like .38, .44, .45, etc. maybe straight walled rifle too like .30 carbine or any rifle round without a bottleneck.

                              If you want to full length resize a bottleneck case, the Lee loader is not the way to go, you need a press.

                              You might get away with neck sizing only on a .233, but you risk failure to chamber and failure to extract.

                              So as far as 30-06 .308, and so on, you wouldnt recommend the lee loader but a press. And so its oaky for 9mm,45acp?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1