Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Are these OK to shoot?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • weezil_boi
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2007
    • 1305

    Are these OK to shoot?

    I recently made a trade with a fellow CalGunner for a little bit of 7.62x54R ammo. The ammo mostly all have some small dents in the shoulder of the case. As I inspect them, they seem like they'd be OK to shoot. The dents didnt seem to make any "high spots or swell". But I figured someone in here might be able to school me on what will happen... with the world go bang one last time if I shot it???

    The ammo head stamp is "85" and a "3"...

    Kind of hard to see the dents...
  • #2
    jandmtv
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2007
    • 5800

    it will shot just fine.
    Looking for RPR or Precision Rifle Accessories? Check out Anarchy Outdoors. http://www.anarchyoutdoors.com?afmc=1w

    Comment

    • #3
      Mssr. Eleganté
      Blue Blaze Irregular
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2005
      • 10401

      That is Albanian ammo and the dents in the case shoulders are very common with that stuff. Some of it is even worse, with wrinkles in the case necks. Surprisingly, everybody reports that the ammo fires okay.

      The dents and wrinkles all get ironed out when the cartridge fires in the chamber.
      __________________

      "Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin

      Comment

      • #4
        JHC
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2005
        • 1382

        That stuff is fun, especially at dusk, big flash. I love the Albanian but it's getting hard to find, if you're scared of it I can trade you some Bulgarian yellow-tip, they don't have any dents on them.
        Last edited by JHC; 03-02-2008, 11:05 AM. Reason: Speeling Erooor

        Comment

        • #5
          Ugly Dwarf
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2007
          • 1121

          Originally posted by Amendment II
          The dents and wrinkles all get ironed out when the cartridge fires in the chamber.
          That's what I was going to say. ;-)

          Comment

          • #6
            weezil_boi
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2007
            • 1305

            Originally posted by JHC
            That stuff is fun, especially at dusk, big flash. I love the Albanian but it's getting hard to find, if you're scared of it I can trade you some Bulgarian yellow-tip, they don't have any dents on them.
            I cant shoot it anyway, its part of my Bullet Trading Project .

            I just wanted to make sure I didnt swap with someone who thought it was OK and they'd get hurt or something.

            I have 167rds of it left. About half of them have dents so minor you have to look VERY hard to see them. The other half are pretty close to the pics posted.

            The nature of my project makes me constantly "trade up" so if you are interested in trading for it... for like ammo, or anything else for that matter, let me know whatcha got .


            Thanks for the thumbs up guys. Better safe than sorry right?

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1