I recently changed the recoil spring on my 1911

top spring is the new one, bottom is the old
they are identical replacement parts
here is my real question, and why I put this in the reloading section
Would it be safe if I cut down the old spring so I could make supper low power loads that still cycle
I was thinking 200gn SWC on Trail boss as 600fps
could it do any damage to the pistol
are there any problems I'm not seeing

top spring is the new one, bottom is the old
they are identical replacement parts
here is my real question, and why I put this in the reloading section
Would it be safe if I cut down the old spring so I could make supper low power loads that still cycle
I was thinking 200gn SWC on Trail boss as 600fps
could it do any damage to the pistol
are there any problems I'm not seeing

Comment