Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

what is Remington's "MC" ammunition?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • secret.asian.man
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 744

    what is Remington's "MC" ammunition?

    why is this shiet so expensive? is there something special about it?


    If guns are outlawed, then an outlaw I'll be...
    WHEN YOU COME FOR MINE, BRING YOURS!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!


    sigpic

    ammo donations accepted here!
  • #2
    Mg911guy
    Member
    • May 2006
    • 337

    I think it should say "UMC".


    "There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."

    Comment

    • #3
      Barbarossa
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2008
      • 4436

      Originally posted by Mg911guy
      I think it should say "UMC".
      Yeah should read UMC

      Looking for a 3" Magnum 870 $200-$250ish

      Comment

      • #4
        bumpo628
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2009
        • 1142

        1912 - The Union Metallic Cartridge Company of Bridgeport and Remington Arms Company were combined into one company and became Remington U.M.C.


        It's expensive because it is being sold at Big5
        Last edited by bumpo628; 09-17-2012, 5:35 PM.
        Ronald Reagan once said that the most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".
        Download my alloy calculator here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=105952

        Comment

        • #5
          FLIGHT762
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2009
          • 3072

          It can also mean "Metal Cased" as in full metal jacket bullet as opposed to "SP" for soft point.

          Comment

          • #6
            Cowboy T
            Calguns Addict
            • Mar 2010
            • 5725

            You can get PMC .223 for between $7 and $9 per box of 20, at gun stores, gun shops, or online.
            "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
            F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
            http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
            http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
            http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
            ----------------------------------------------------
            To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.

            Comment

            • #7
              MiddleKingdom
              Member
              • Oct 2011
              • 442

              Is that a Big 5 advertisement? If so, that's why it's so expensive. I have seen that stuff at Walmart for $6.99
              "Now why doesn't somebody take out a .45 and BANG... settle it?" - Mr. Lee

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1