Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bulk 45acp in San Jose area?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • diginit
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 3250

    Bulk 45acp in San Jose area?

    I've been looking for a source of .45 acp for months with no luck. Does anyone here know where to buy bulk ammo in the San Jose area. The places I shoot (Like Clear Creek) are no fun without a few thousand rounds for my kimber. Thanks, James
    Attached Files
  • #2
    DV8
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 527

    I dont know about your area but generally good prices are found online not in a local store. Or you could go the Walmart route. Someone posted in another thread that you could buy bulk through their department manager, that might be a good deal.

    If you're shooting a lot though and dont mind it, reloading would probably be the cheapest route for you over the long run.

    Comment

    • #3
      stator
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2002
      • 850

      Bulk choices here are few and far between. Best choice is buying lots at Wal-Mart to create bulk. Next to that is Reed's during the holiday sales period, but this year sales seemed like regular pricing.
      **
      3 Rules of Skeet: Head on the gun, eye on the target, and proper lead
      M1a - If you can see it, you can hit it
      Friends don't let friends vote demorat

      Comment

      • #4
        xrMike
        Calguns Addict
        • Feb 2006
        • 7841

        Originally posted by diginit
        I've been looking for a source of .45 acp for months with no luck. Does anyone here know where to buy bulk ammo in the San Jose area. The places I shoot (Like Clear Creek) are no fun without a few thousand rounds for my kimber. Thanks, James
        Dude, if you seriously shoot that much in a single session, even at Walmart prices you're looking at about $900 per trip.

        Comment

        • #5
          BillCA
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2005
          • 3821

          If you're looking for someplace to buy case lots of .45 ACP ammo, most gun shops will be happy to add your request to their next order if they don't have what you want.

          I presume you're looking for FMJ range fodder, like WWB, American Eagle or similar. PM me and I'll tell you of a couple of places for ammo.

          Comment

          • #6
            daemonite
            Member
            • Jan 2008
            • 238

            gun show at the cow palace.

            miwall reloads, either that or hit up walmart in milpitas for 100rds for $30.

            Comment

            • #7
              Rangerat
              Junior Member
              • Dec 2007
              • 27

              I know it is not close but Bullseye Range in San Rafael sells decent bulk 1,000 round packages for just a little more that it would cost me to have it shipped from an online seller.



              Another is:
              Castro Valley Gun Shop
              22287 Redwood Rd
              510-581-1917

              Comment

              • #8
                Soldier415
                Calguns Addict
                • Feb 2007
                • 9537

                Originally posted by Rangerat
                I know it is not close but Bullseye Range in San Rafael sells decent bulk 1,000 round packages for just a little more that it would cost me to have it shipped from an online seller.



                Another is:
                Castro Valley Gun Shop
                22287 Redwood Rd
                510-581-1917
                We have a large stock of bulk ammo by the case out on our sales floor. PM me for prices.
                Originally posted by harmoniums
                Absolutely, I've refused sale before.
                My gut is good for two things, making poo and spotting crazy
                Originally posted by bwiese
                Do not get your legal advice from Forest Rangers or Sheriffs: that's like getting medical advice from your plumber.

                Comment

                • #9
                  diginit
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 3250

                  Thanks for the Info. I tend to blow through ammo pretty fast. Even at 8 rounds each, with five magazines,50 rnds is nothin'. 3 seconds is a long time to wait. I prefer rapid fire at different targets. It's always fun to set a few cans at the top of this hill. Hit em once, then empty and reload as they roll down. There's nothing like a moving target!
                  Attached Files

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1