Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Competition Seater Die for 223

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ExtremeX
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2010
    • 7160

    Competition Seater Die for 223

    Im thinking of trying out a Competition Seater Die for 223.

    Im not sure which one would be best, I have come across two options.

    Redding Competition Seater Die 223 Remington


    RCBS Gold Medal Match Series Bushing Seater Die 223 Remington


    RCBS also sells this - but I am loading on a progressing and I dont think it will be compatible.


    Am I missing any options? Which one should I go with?
    ExtremeX
  • #2
    phish
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2006
    • 3089

    Look at the Forster seater as well. I use both Forster and Redding seaters and get equally good results of minimal runout and seating depth.

    Comment

    • #3
      anyracoon
      Veteran Member
      • May 2006
      • 3704

      I use the Reddings on my Dillons as it is really easy to adjust OAL. I do have a couple of the RCBS competition dies, they have the click adjustment that you can feel as you adjust them. These only work on a single stage press but the bullet loads from the top side of the die. I use these for my reach out and touch'em rounds!

      Comment

      • #4
        LexLuther
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 838

        This might eliminate the need...
        UniqueTek 404 error page: We can't seem to find the page you're looking for. Visit our home page for more information.
        "I love it, its my second ammendment but we with the gun was the only thing between those guys and the oven and they still can't know this theys too dumb and I seen the ovens. They dont know it but they cant take all the guns and if ever, push ever comes to shove we'll be back." - Don Burgett

        Comment

        • #5
          mroels
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2008
          • 912

          Little off topic but I'm wondering if this is a necessary purchase. First of all I'm loading .223 and .308 on a Lee Handpress, not sure if that would even matter. Secondly I'm not necessarily shooting for groups but rather for distance, which obviously requires accurate ammo. Basically I'm trying to get consistent hits at 600-800yds with my 16" nothing fancy AR and the same with my 26" Rem 700. As AnyaRacoon put it I'm making "reach out and touch em rounds". Would these dies really help me?

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1