Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Best place to get .308 Bullets?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BajaJames83
    Calguns Addict
    • Jun 2011
    • 6042

    Best place to get .308 Bullets?

    Question for fellow Calgunners.
    where do you get your .308 bullets?
    mainly for plinking/ target this will be for my FAL and HK91.
    I got some pulled 147gr bullets from http://www.hi-techammo.com/ but wanted to see if there are some better maybe non metallic for similar prices out there.
    I've tried all my normal places where I normally order .223 bullets with no luck..
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    USMC 2001-2012

    Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

    John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
    James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

  • #2
    kylemurdoc
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 1008

    Gunbroker or Rocky Mountain Reloading.

    Comment

    • #3
      crazychinaman
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 1557

      bullets

      Originally posted by BajaJames83
      Question for fellow Calgunners.
      where do you get your .308 bullets?
      mainly for plinking/ target this will be for my FAL and HK91.
      I got some pulled 147gr bullets from http://www.hi-techammo.com/ but wanted to see if there are some better maybe non metallic for similar prices out there.
      I've tried all my normal places where I normally order .223 bullets with no luck..
      Try berry's bullets/Free shipping.

      Comment

      • #4
        dk94044
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2010
        • 915

        Free Shipping on Bulk Gun Ammo for Sale at AmmoMan.com - Try Us Once and You'll Never Pay Shipping for Bulk Ammunition Again.


        .308 Federal Match is $499 for 500rds free shipping

        Comment

        • #5
          rmblaster
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Jun 2009
          • 1090

          http://wideners.com; and they have nonmagnetic

          Comment

          • #6
            CalTeacher
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2010
            • 828

            Non metallic?

            Powder valley usually has a good selection of a wide variety bullets

            Comment

            • #7
              chknlyps2
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2011
              • 2191

              High-quality, USA-made ammo for sale online, including bulk orders! Get new and remanufactured rounds at great prices. Shop 9mm, 223, 380, .45, 10mm, and more.

              Go to the bottom of the page, 150 gr FP Plated 500 for $51, 1000 for $102 and that includes shipping. I wish they had pictures.

              Not sure how fast you can push them but for plinking the price is right.
              Wanted: Spent Berdan primed Yugo 7.62x39 & 7.5x55 GP11 Swiss brass

              Comment

              • #8
                Outta Control
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2010
                • 2383

                I'm selling Prvi 308 Match for $375/case (500). Got 3 cases of it (1500 total).

                "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
                George Orwell

                Comment

                • #9
                  gau17
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 846

                  Originally posted by rmblaster
                  http://wideners.com; and they have nonmagnetic
                  this.
                  Semper Fi

                  IYAOYAS

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    BajaJames83
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jun 2011
                    • 6042

                    Originally posted by chknlyps2
                    http://xtremebullets.com/plated.htm
                    Go to the bottom of the page, 150 gr FP Plated 500 for $51, 1000 for $102 and that includes shipping. I wish they had pictures.

                    Not sure how fast you can push them but for plinking the price is right.
                    yeah 1800FPS is the MAX. Id rather stick with FMJ
                    NRA Endowment Life Member
                    USMC 2001-2012

                    Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

                    John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
                    James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      BajaJames83
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 6042

                      anyone have a good source for some bulk 150gr FMJ bullets....
                      NRA Endowment Life Member
                      USMC 2001-2012

                      Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

                      John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
                      James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        marksbb
                        Member
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 227

                        Find information, resources and relevant links for goldenwestbrass.com. This domain may be for sale.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          G38xOC
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 3749

                          ^ the've been out of stock for a while now .. i need to get some too ..

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            bandook
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2010
                            • 1220

                            Originally posted by chknlyps2
                            http://xtremebullets.com/plated.htm
                            Go to the bottom of the page, 150 gr FP Plated 500 for $51, 1000 for $102 and that includes shipping. I wish they had pictures.

                            Not sure how fast you can push them but for plinking the price is right.
                            Here are pictures...

                            High-quality, USA-made ammo for sale online, including bulk orders! Get new and remanufactured rounds at great prices. Shop 9mm, 223, 380, .45, 10mm, and more.


                            I spoke with xtreme and they said not to push them past 1500fps.

                            I guess if you get one of the plain base gas check maker doodads...

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              BajaJames83
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jun 2011
                              • 6042

                              Any other places for FMJ bullets. powder valley had some decent prices.
                              I DO NOT want to use polated these are to be fired out of 2 different semi auto guns I dont want to make special loads for these guns.
                              NRA Endowment Life Member
                              USMC 2001-2012

                              Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

                              John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
                              James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1