Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Shot my first reloads today..

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Sparkola24
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 44

    Originally posted by Cowboy T
    Oh, you're totally speaking my language since you're doing .38 Special. That's the round I do the most of, both mild and wild. Talk about a versatile cartridge...!

    In my case, the powder of choice is Bullseye, both for powder-puff and "+P" loads. I get terrific precision with this, and the cases with the +P loading end up so clean that I actually do not have to tumble them afterwards. Yes--that clean. Another guy I know uses W231 for the same sort of thing with excellent results.

    I also have a load using Titegroup, which is a little dirtier than the Bullseye load, but it, too, shoots very well. This was developed during the post-election Great Ammo/Powder/Primer Rush of 2009, because while Bullseye was rarer than hen's teeth, Titegroup remained plentiful for whatever reason.

    Now, for 2400, oh, that's my favorite general-purpose magnum handgun powder. You can download it a good deal and still get relatively complete burn, but it really sings when you hit about 27,000 PSI of pressure and beyond. I use it for .357M, .44M, and what I call ".45 Colt Magnum." I also have a load that I use in .38 Spl +P cases that replicates the ballistics and feel of my .357M load; this was when .357M cases were kinda hard to get. Both use a 158gr LRNFP, similar to your LSWC.
    Great information..I loaded up about 200 more .38 specials last night..with about 4.1 gr of 231 , then emptied the hopper and and gonna move on to the next powder for 6 different .38 special loads..probably the Bullseye. After that..gonna load just for the .357 mag..with the 2400..find my sweet spot and load that up. THEN..for my yet unpurchased Model 29 Smith..the 44 mag and special.. I am smart or stupid depding on your view..I buy the stuff to load the ammo..then it forces me to buy the guns I want.

    Comment

    • #17
      lpspinner
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 1164

      Originally posted by Sparkola24
      I am smart or stupid depding on your view..I buy the stuff to load the ammo..then it forces me to buy the guns I want.
      You sound perfectly smart and normal to me. Nothing wrong with that. Just don't ask all I have.
      Some guys like their powder like their women, hot, cheap, dirty, that would be TiteGroup. -CocoBolo

      Comment

      • #18
        Cowboy T
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2010
        • 5725

        Originally posted by Sparkola24
        I am smart or stupid depding on your view..I buy the stuff to load the ammo..then it forces me to buy the guns I want.
        Well, if this counts as "stupid", then sign me up for the dummy farm, too! Personally, I'd say you're brilliant.
        "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
        F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
        http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
        http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
        http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
        ----------------------------------------------------
        To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.

        Comment

        • #19
          Fishslayer
          In Memoriam
          • Jan 2010
          • 13035

          Originally posted by Sparkola24
          I am smart or stupid depding on your view..I buy the stuff to load the ammo..then it forces me to buy the guns I want.
          Ummm.... I had 600 rounds of commercial .45ACP stashed before I even had my first handgun.

          I was pretty certain what caliber it was gonna be...

          Kinda nice when ammo cost and availability don't factor into your gun buying decision, eh?
          "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
          You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
          You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


          Originally Posted by JackRydden224
          I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
          Originally posted by redcliff
          A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1