Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Progression

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Stockton
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Oct 2007
    • 1316

    Progression

    I've been reloading for rifle ammo several years now. RCBS single stage press. Its worked fine for me and will for years to come. However I've decided to reload for pistol cartridges and wanted some input on a press that will decrease time spent. So is there a type of press that does several functions..ie size,prime,powder,bullet seat in one stroke? If so, throw your knowledge my way please. Its been along time since I've shopped around and figured you guys would have the latest and greatest in this area. If it matters, i'll be reloading .45/9mm primarily. I usually spit out 200 to 300 rds per trip to the range twice a week. So I'd like to minimize table time if possible. Win Whit Box is still "okay" for pricing but at this rate of fire I need to trim the budget a little.
    http://youtu.be/7Ii2kyQP-Is
  • #2
    Franksremote
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Dec 2006
    • 992

    Last edited by Franksremote; 01-10-2008, 12:21 PM.

    Comment

    • #3
      blacklisted
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 2608

      Originally posted by Franksremote
      Or maybe www.dillonprecision.com

      Comment

      • #4
        Franksremote
        Vendor/Retailer
        • Dec 2006
        • 992

        Originally posted by blacklisted
        Hehe, oops...

        Comment

        • #5
          scarry scarney
          Member
          • Jul 2007
          • 248

          using the above links, check out the Dillon RL550B or the XL650. I have heard good things about the RCBS, and I admit it, I even have a friend that uses the LEE 1000 progresive. My opinion (not worth a cup of coffee), the LEE is nice if you are only going to load one or two calibers, but the Dillon is more robust, and can reload everything but shotgun and 50 BMG. (Yes I admit that I drink Blue Koolaid.)

          Both Dillon and RCBS have pretty much no-bs warrenty policy. In addition, RCBS is up in Oroville, just north of Sacramento, very pleasent people to chat with on the phone, or swing by and visit with. I have chatted with the folks at Dillon as well, and would love to visit with them. If you ever (not likely) break a Dillon or RCBS they will bend over backwards to fix it and "under warrenty" has always been their answer.

          But I do like the price of the LEE.

          It's your dime.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1