Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

what do I have? Reloading stuff.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Glamis
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • May 2012
    • 618

    what do I have? Reloading stuff.

    looking for some help here on some reloading stuff.

    What do I have?

    I'm trying to help a friend with value.

    Would this be a good jumping off set up in to reloading or out of date.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Glamis; 10-27-2025, 10:35 AM.
  • #2
    Glamis
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • May 2012
    • 618

    more photos
    Attached Files

    Comment

    • #3
      Grendel Guy
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 3043

      I'm thinking not out of date. It's paid for and looks like serviceable. I've my stuff since 1985, a single stage press with no issues (other than being slow as molasses in winter when compared to the new presses). But it's a hobby and I don't shoot as much as I used to. I guess I should quit typing and get to reloading...

      Comment

      • #4
        Strafer
        Member
        • Jan 2011
        • 482

        Dropped you a PM re possible values. Looks like usable/serviceable stuff to me. Good on you for helping your buddy!

        Comment

        • #5
          Glamis
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • May 2012
          • 618

          Originally posted by Grendel Guy
          I'm thinking not out of date. It's paid for and looks like serviceable. I've my stuff since 1985, a single stage press with no issues (other than being slow as molasses in winter when compared to the new presses). But it's a hobby and I don't shoot as much as I used to. I guess I should quit typing and get to reloading...
          thank you for the info

          Comment

          • #6
            Glamis
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • May 2012
            • 618

            Originally posted by Strafer
            Dropped you a PM re possible values. Looks like usable/serviceable stuff to me. Good on you for helping your buddy!
            Got your PM thank you

            Comment

            • #7
              beerman
              Calguns Addict
              • Dec 2009
              • 5202

              There’s alot of money there if you went and bought this stuff new. I’d say $500 for the lot would be a good buddy price. Retail is over triple that.

              Comment

              • #8
                Glamis
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • May 2012
                • 618

                Originally posted by beerman
                There’s alot of money there if you went and bought this stuff new. I’d say $500 for the lot would be a good buddy price. Retail is over triple that.
                sounds like a fair price

                Comment

                • #9
                  Revoman
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 2395

                  Yep, $450 - $500 would be saleable to me.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    antilamr
                    Member
                    • Jul 2018
                    • 223

                    I'm far from an expert on this but have been looking for reloading items for some time now. Before I gave it a value I'd have to have some facts available.
                    Powder
                    Are the powder canisters open?
                    How old are the powders?
                    How was the powders stored?
                    Are the powder cans 10% full or 90% full?
                    Bullets
                    Boxes full boxes or almost empty?
                    Bullet calibers something you'd actually want to reload? (IE..doesn't make sense to reload .22 when you can buy it cheap)
                    Dies
                    Average price found used online $20 a set
                    Would you actually reload all those calibers?
                    Some calibers could be unpopular and might be stuck paying for and holding onto dies you can't get rid of.
                    Are all the dies & pieces in each of the boxes?(complete sets?)
                    Reloading equipment
                    You can find it for sale everywhere. Facebook marketplace, nextdoor app, craigslist, ebay & not to mention almost every gun related forum you can find.
                    Most equipment is expensive to buy new but nobody want's to pay much for used.
                    People who purchased equipment years ago when the prices were 60% less, used them for years and are now trying to sell for what they purchased them for. This is why there's so much out there trying to be sold and few are buying. People of my generation didn't mind sitting down for a weekend and crank out the rounds. Today's hobbyist doesn't have the patience to reload. To many distractions in this digital world. Easier to just go buy what you want and use the rest of your free time playing. Exceptions being the long distance shooter and competition shooters.

                    I don't reload yet but am seeking equipment, parts & pieces to start. Been looking at estate sales and auctions also. The opportunities are endless for shopping for reloading items. A more well off man might just go buy everything new and get started. I'm trying to live within my means and pick up this hobby at the same time. I believe most of the shoppers are like me vs the new buyer.

                    This lot may very well be worth $450 to $500. Won't know until the questions are answered.
                    Good luck to you

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      CCrawford
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 502

                      Are there rifles or pistols that match the dies? May want to pair the odd caliber dies with the gun they belong to if they are still together. I can't zoom in enough to read the die boxes. Good luck to your friend. Can always list it here in the marketplace. Poster above me asked many good questions that could effect value. The powder tins are valuable as well, even if empty, as decorations now.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Revoman
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 2395

                        You do know that this post is from 10/27/25, right? It's likely long gone by now.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          roc_my_tims
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2011
                          • 1528

                          $350-400

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Glamis
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            CGN Contributor
                            • May 2012
                            • 618

                            I have been on Calguns for a bit. Mostly on CAguns now. PM me for Q/A about buying thanks

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              beerman
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Dec 2009
                              • 5202

                              Price?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1