Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Plans for 2x2ft Reloading table?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Flux Capacitor
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2006
    • 1811

    Plans for 2x2ft Reloading table?

    My garage is pretty full. I want to setup a reloading table, but don't have the space. I am looking for a small form factor. I was thinking maybe a 2'x2' table built out of 4x4 legs with 2x2 cross braces and a 5/8 thick plywood table? Does anyone have a pic or a set of plans I could build from? I would build it from my own ideas, but I end up needing a lot more material and making too many mistakes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  • #2
    anyracoon
    Veteran Member
    • May 2006
    • 3700

    A 2X2 table is not big enough. I have over 20 ruuning feet of bench space and it is not enough. But if you want something to mount just a press on, find some one that can get you a used 24" plow disk, 3' of 2" pipe and a 12" square 3/8" plate. Put all your stuff on a folding table while reloading. Where are you located?

    Comment

    • #3
      Flux Capacitor
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2006
      • 1811

      Originally posted by anyracoon
      A 2X2 table is not big enough. I have over 20 ruuning feet of bench space and it is not enough. But if you want something to mount just a press on, find some one that can get you a used 24" plow disk, 3' of 2" pipe and a 12" square 3/8" plate. Put all your stuff on a folding table while reloading. Where are you located?
      Yea. Just to mount the press. I already have a 2ftx4 ft work bench. Whats a plow disk? I am in the Inland Empire (RIverside)

      Comment

      • #4
        patman
        Member
        • Mar 2004
        • 229

        Awsome implements of the trade? (breaks up dirt clods and turns a little bit of dirt it does).




        Originally posted by Flux Capacitor
        Yea. Just to mount the press. I already have a 2ftx4 ft work bench. Whats a plow disk? I am in the Inland Empire (RIverside)
        sigpicNRA Life Member

        Comment

        • #5
        • #6
          sava6e
          Member
          • Mar 2007
          • 289

          ah man $84 from cabelas waste of money if you ask me. look if your looking for something like that just take 4x4's like you said to length depending on how tall you want your bench then get a 2x4 cut it , mortice the 4x4's at the top screw it together then put some plywood on top, and if you feel like it with some of the plywood scraps cut them into triangles and put them in the corners to give the legs some lateral support.

          1 4x4x96 $10
          1 2x4x96 $3
          1 sheet of ply wood $15

          $28 plus cost of screws/bolts viola!

          Comment

          • #7
            6079Winston
            Member
            • Jun 2007
            • 368

            That's about the size of my IKEA kitchen cart thingy that I picked up for $20.00 or so. Really too small, although it has 3 presses, a trimmer and a lubrisizer on it now. It also has wheels on it so I can push it into the closet of my apartment when I have company over.

            Comment

            • #8
              RingTone
              Member
              • Jun 2006
              • 366

              Originally posted by 6079Winston
              That's about the size of my IKEA kitchen cart thingy that I picked up for $20.00 or so. Really too small, although it has 3 presses, a trimmer and a lubrisizer on it now. It also has wheels on it so I can push it into the closet of my apartment when I have company over.
              That's about what I am using too but it's a bit wobbly for my liking. I've been thinking about a custom reloading bench a lot lately

              Comment

              • #9
                snafu510
                Member
                • Jun 2006
                • 337

                I use a Black and Decker Workmate. My press is bolted to a piece of wood and I clamp that to the workmate. Very stable. Folds up when I'm done.

                Comment

                • #10
                  chiefcrash
                  Internet Dictator
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Jul 2006
                  • 3408



                  or for the DIY type:
                  Originally posted by Kestryll
                  we can not nor should not dismiss or discount my theory that in the dark of night you molest sea anemones by candlelight.
                  Originally posted by TKM
                  Show me on this 1st Amendment bobble-head doll where the mods touched you.
                  Originally posted by Click Boom
                  It is clear from this thread that citadel grad was the gunman, and Oswald his patsy.

                  Comment

                  • #11
                    ar15barrels
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 57177

                    Originally posted by Flux Capacitor
                    I was thinking maybe a 2'x2' table built out of 4x4 legs with 2x2 cross braces and a 5/8 thick plywood table?
                    Make it beefy.
                    Build it with some kind of lower shelf you can fill with weight to make it steady.
                    The last thing you want is a flexible bench.
                    My bench is built into my reloading room, mounted to 3 walls.



                    Make the top thick.
                    If you have 5/8 plywood, glue at least two layers together and preferrably three.
                    I used 3 layers of 3/4 MDF and glue-laminated them together as I installed them.
                    That's a SOLID workbench, especially when you realize it's screwed to all 3 walls.
                    Last edited by ar15barrels; 01-08-2008, 11:23 PM.
                    Randall Rausch

                    AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                    Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                    Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                    Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                    Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                    Comment

                    • #12
                      blacklisted
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 2608

                      I recently designed and built a simple and compact reloading bench.

                      My requirements were that it must be mobile, cheap, large enough for all the equipment, and stable. It does not have to look nice.

                      It required one 2'X4' sheet of 3/4" MDF, one 2'X4' sheet of 3/4" plywood, five 2X4s, four 3" casters with brakes, one 4'X8' sheet of 7/16" OSB Sheathing, one 8' pine 1X2, one 8' pine 1X6, and one 2'X4' sheet of 1/2" plywood. The plywood was attached to the frame, and the MDF glued to that.

                      It's slightly smaller than 2'X4' overall.









                      Last edited by blacklisted; 01-13-2008, 2:46 PM.

                      Comment

                      • #13
                        ar15barrels
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 57177

                        Originally posted by blacklisted
                        Oh, isn't that cute.
                        A manual priming machine...
                        Randall Rausch

                        AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                        Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                        Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                        Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                        Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1