Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Hardest kicking 12 gauge ammo?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kdsd731
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 663

    Hardest kicking 12 gauge ammo?

    I want to have a few hard hitting 12 gauge rounds on hand as a prank to sneak in when I take out a few of my buddies. Can you recommend high recoil 3" and 3 1/2" rounds in 12 gauge?
  • #2
    monk
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 4454

    000# buckshot would be a good way to go. I've heard the Aguila brand tossed around. I also believe slugs pack a wallop. I've only used birdshot and low recoil 00# buckshot out of mine.


    BTW, I had to read your post like 5 times before I understood it. I thought you were asking for rounds to shoot your buddies with lol.


    NRA Member
    SAF Member


    A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.

    Comment

    • #3
      Dark Mod
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 4284

      Get some full power slugs, when you shoot them you will know.

      Comment

      • #4
        therealnickb
        King- Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Oct 2011
        • 8957

        Originally posted by kdsd731
        I want to have a few hard hitting 12 gauge rounds on hand as a prank to sneak in when I take out a few of my buddies. Can you recommend high recoil 3" and 3 1/2" rounds in 12 gauge?
        3.5" magnum turkey loads in #4. They won't like 'em.

        Comment

        • #5
          meaty-btz
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2010
          • 8980

          You want something high-base, 3.5" magnum (does you gun chamber these?) and 1 1/4" of lead (buck or slug).

          I can crack off a full tube through the pump of 1 1/4oz 2 3/4" shells. But that took some getting used to.
          ...but their exists also in the human heart a depraved taste for equality, which impels the weak to attempt to lower the powerful to their own level, and reduces men to prefer equality in slavery to inequality with freedom.

          Comment

          • #6
            24Sailor
            Senior Member
            • May 2011
            • 937

            Originally posted by kdsd731
            I want to have a few hard hitting 12 gauge rounds on hand as a prank to sneak in when I take out a few of my buddies. Can you recommend high recoil 3" and 3 1/2" rounds in 12 gauge?
            Why would you even want to do that?....Kinda like me teaching a noob how to shoot a revolver using 38 spl. and throw in a .375 (edit typo .357) mag. just to scare them w/o warning......Sounds like a childish stunt, doesn't it? PRANKS AND FIRE ARMS DON'T MIX WELL.....In can't even believe this post hasn't been moderated. Maybe I have your intentions wrong and your buddies are well acquainted with shotguns....but I still think its a stupid stunt.

            My 2 cents
            Last edited by 24Sailor; 03-28-2012, 5:15 AM.

            Comment

            • #7
              bruceflinch
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2006
              • 40155

              Originally posted by therealnickb
              3.5" magnum turkey loads in #4. They won't like 'em.
              I don't!
              Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

              I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

              Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

              Secret Club Member?.

              Comment

              • #8
                damndave
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Oct 2008
                • 10858

                3.5" magnum is no joke. Not all shotguns will chamber a 3.5" though.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Dutch3
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Oct 2010
                  • 14181

                  3" 00 Buck is plenty. Especially without a recoil pad.
                  Just taking up space in (what is no longer) the second-worst small town in California.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    mjmagee67
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2011
                    • 2771

                    Full power slugs kinda kicked me good, took a little gettin use to. Winchester 1650 fps.
                    If you want change you have to put in your 2 cents, you can't just sit on the sidelines and whine.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      CSACANNONEER
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 44094

                      Sounds like a stupid "prank". In fact, pranks and firearms should not go together at all.
                      NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                      California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                      Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                      Utah CCW Instructor


                      Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                      sigpic
                      CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                      KM6WLV

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        gatesbox
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2010
                        • 1860

                        Winchester Xpert High Velocity... Even the birdshot hurts..... Before I knew anything about shotguns I bought this stuff because it was the cheapest I could find at Sportsmans guide.... I bout 150 rounds for a day long tactical course. The first couple rounds turned my shoulders black and blue, I had to adjust my position higher on the shoulder to avoid any further damage... Later in the day I was relieved when we started shooting slugs....

                        That was just 2 3/4 steel birdshot, they also make 3" #2
                        "Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt."

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          pyromensch
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Mar 2010
                          • 6881

                          Originally posted by 24Sailor
                          Why would you even want to do that?....Kinda like me teaching a noob how to shoot a revolver using 38 spl. and throw in a
                          HTML Code:
                          .375 mag
                          . just to scare them w/o warning.......

                          My 2 cents
                          that one won't fit anyway

                          i have done this, with the 357 mag. but i did inform the shooter, that there were various loads. it gives them an idea
                          Last edited by pyromensch; 03-27-2012, 9:24 PM.
                          That may be a CG first!



                          Spyder

                          "You guys need to take more drugs. Then you can TASTE the sound, and HEAR the light!"

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Turo
                            Calguns Addict
                            • May 2009
                            • 5066

                            Originally posted by 24Sailor
                            Why would you even want to do that?....Kinda like me teaching a noob how to shoot a revolver using 38 spl. and throw in a .375 mag. just to scare them w/o warning......Sounds like a childish stunt, doesn't it? PRANKS AND FIRE ARMS DON'T MIX WELL.....In can't even believe this post hasn't been moderated. Maybe I have your intentions wrong and your buddies are well acquainted with shotguns....but I still think its a stupid stunt.

                            My 2 cents
                            You hear that OP? Fun should not be had any time you are near firearms. Shooting is a very serious tactical mission and any funtime will result in a serious tongue lashing by... well... people that weren't there! LOL okay I can't keep that up.
                            Seriously man, lighten up. So the gun kicks a little harder than usual for one round. it's not like he's taking out complete noobs and giving them a .50bmg pistol right after a .22lr and telling them it's the same. Nobody's going to be scarred for life, and nobody's going to get hurt.
                            "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
                            -Thomas Jefferson

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              gatesbox
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2010
                              • 1860

                              I'm not indorsing or condemning what the OP is looking for..... All gun handling should be the same regardless of round please make sure of this, safety first....

                              I shoot cowboy action with a guy that always seems to somehow slip in a couple black powder rounds into his shotgun, and sometimes even into his rifle cartridges.... I think he is either jerkin our chain, or does a poor job remembering which powder he was laste using in his measure....

                              Either way, when those black powder rounds go off it scares the shizzle out of everyone....
                              "Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1