Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Pulling my hair out with these 45's

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Deadon
    Calguns Addict
    • Aug 2010
    • 9975

    Pulling my hair out with these 45's

    I loaded lots of long gun's so I decided to reload my pistol rounds. My primmer feed is sticking. So I measure the large pistol primers and the large rifle primers. The pistol's are taller and causing the system to stick. Im using the LNL I must be missing something.
    Lions not sheep.
  • #2
    kmca
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 2371

    You're trying to load large rifle primers into a large primer pistol case?

    Comment

    • #3
      Dark Mod
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 4284

      I havent had this problem, ive used all 4 kinds of primers without a problem

      Comment

      • #4
        Deadon
        Calguns Addict
        • Aug 2010
        • 9975

        Originally posted by kmca
        You're trying to load large rifle primers into a large primer pistol case?
        No Im trying to load large pistol primers into 45 cases. The primers are Winchesters.
        Lions not sheep.

        Comment

        • #5
          Deadon
          Calguns Addict
          • Aug 2010
          • 9975

          Originally posted by markdoddridge
          I havent had this problem, ive used all 4 kinds of primers without a problem
          Man I just dont get it. Thats why I busted out the Caliper to Measure the difference in the two Large primers because I know the Rifle primers work. Shouldn't the be the same ?
          Lions not sheep.

          Comment

          • #6
            Deadon
            Calguns Addict
            • Aug 2010
            • 9975

            Never mind I have a bent primer feed tube.
            Lions not sheep.

            Comment

            • #7
              five.five-six
              CGN Contributor
              • May 2006
              • 34928

              Originally posted by Deadon
              Never mind I have a bent primer feed tube.
              I hate when that happens, I don't mind so much when it happens to you, but I really hate when it happens to me

              Comment

              • #8
                Fyathyrio
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2009
                • 1082

                Did you perhaps over tighten the hex head screw that holds the primer feed tube assy to to the press? This can cause the primer shuttle to bind. A little One Shot dry lube may help things slide smoother also.
                "Everything I ever learned about leadership, I learned from a Chief Petty Officer." - John McCain
                "Use your hammer, not your mouth, jackass!" - Mike Ditka
                There has never been a shortage of people eager to draw up blueprints for running other people's lives. - Thomas Sowell
                Originally posted by James Earl Jones
                The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Dark Mod
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 4284

                  Well that sucks, any idea how you bent it?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Deadon
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Aug 2010
                    • 9975

                    Man I have no idea. If I take the plastic top off the feed tube it kicks to the side. It hits the protective tube that surrounds the feed tube. I took the protective tube off and had just the feed tube on and hey it worked. Put the protective tube back on and sure enough its wont feed. Im going to try and fix it while I have a new one on the way.
                    Ive had on and off problems with primers and I think this might have been the cause.
                    Lions not sheep.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Chief-7700
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 2008
                      • 3382

                      Watch out for the small pistol primed .45 ACP cases while using a progressive press set up for large pistol primers.
                      Chief

                      XL-650 to feed the: .45ACP's Les Baer Concept V, Ruger SR 1911, Ruger Nightwatchman,custom built Colt M1911, Springfield .45ACP Loaded.. 9MM SA Range Officer,Ruger P-85, Springfield Stainless 9MM loaded, SA 9MM 5.25" XDM, Springfield 9mm Stainless Range Officer, STI double stack .45ACP.
                      IDPA A41750 Safety Officer
                      NRA Certified RSO
                      "Stay out of the deep end of the pool; correct the problem with your credit card, not your dremel!"

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Deadon
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 9975

                        Thanks, yeah Ive been looking. So far I havent been able to find any others but the rounds I shoot. Ive found about 1000 rounds of .223 in the last few months and others but no .45's.
                        Lions not sheep.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1