Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ammo Storage

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Lex
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 1232

    Ammo Storage

    I am thinking about moving my ammo to my shed. However, due to the way it was designed it tend to get wet on the floor when rain. So I wonder would it be safe for long term storage? I have some cans but some older ammo just have a wooden box. Moisture is no escape...
    Beyond a Camper
  • #2
    Fishslayer
    In Memoriam
    • Jan 2010
    • 13035

    You could put your ammo cans inside some of those plastic storage bins.
    "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


    Originally Posted by JackRydden224
    I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
    Originally posted by redcliff
    A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

    Comment

    • #3
      jm13690
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2010
      • 766

      Also if you have the means you can put the ammo in air tight bags with some silica packets.

      Learn survival skills online or at one of our survival training courses. Owned by Survival Instructor Creek Stewart.

      Comment

      • #4
        wtkaiser
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2011
        • 660

        ...or redesign the shed

        Comment

        • #5
          cgates
          Member
          • Apr 2011
          • 467

          whats your motive in moving it? no room in the house? safety? etc?

          I would leave it in the house if possible.

          If it must be in the shed, think about the possibility of getting one of those food saver things and vac sealing it. I have done that with a few thousand rounds to see if it holds up long term.

          Comment

          • #6
            vortec_cruiser
            Member
            • Jul 2007
            • 467

            If nothing else, just wrap it up in some heavy duty trash bags, and knot the top of the bags. As long as the ammo is kept dry, it can last a lifetime, literally.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1