I've come across some 180gr bullets that I'd like to reload for my rifle. I've looked over data for this load and the needed twist rates to stabilize. The barrel is a 24" 1:12 twist barrel and I've read both sides to the discussion about what will or will not work so I'm just going to give it a shot and see how this rifle likes them. My question is, if I am going to run this combination would a slower burning powder work better?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
.308 180gr loading advice
Collapse
X
-
.308 180gr loading advice
Tags: None -
What powders do your reloading manual recommend? I've pushed the 180 grn bullets w/ both H4895 & 4064 & got decent results.Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...
I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.
Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.
Secret Club Member?. -
I've pushed 178gr A Max's with H4895 and with Varget, never a 180gr though. If you go to Hodgon's site, they have the burn rate chart and the reloading data center. May help out?
DOVE FIRST, THEN DEER Shotshell loads for the opener, rifle work right behind. BUILT FOR THE SEASON Extreme series powders for hunting loads, dawn to dusk. SHOP HODGDON Dialing in your next purchase? Shop the Hodgdon Powder line and find the exact powder your looking for. Shop Now Fraud Alert Multiple sites are now impersonating […]
They list many powders for the 180gr. Good luck.
Support the NRA
http://nramemberscouncils.com/legs.shtml
Stuff for Sale\trade:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=549308Comment
-
IMR 4064 is great for heavy bullets. There also is Reloader 17, VV N150, and VV N550 for the velocity junkies.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,330
Posts: 25,146,879
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,484
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 28464 users online. 49 members and 28415 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment