Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Progressive loader for Xmas! Couple questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • barbasol
    • Feb 2010
    • 954

    Progressive loader for Xmas! Couple questions

    Wifey got me the Lee Pro 1000 in 38spc. Super excited. I was following Randall's sticky to get a beginners setup. Questions:

    What increment caliper do I need or are they all the same. Found a 6 inch on amazon that measure to .001". I assume this is fine. any other suggestions?

    I asked for this specific set because Midway had it listed 38spl/357 and I figured this would have everything needed to do both. The dies are only marked 38spl. Do I need to order another set of dies?

    I'll be getting the lee powder scale and a tumbler. Next ill be going to a free reloading class that I've already attended just to refresh, watch some YouTube videos and get started. Thanks all! Merry Christmas!
    Free Loan Modification Review and Short Sale Info for any Calgunners in Socal. PM me for details
    15% commission rebate and 5% donation to Calguns Foundation for any closed home sale by a Calgunner or referral. PM for details*subject to lender approval
  • #2
    Bill Steele
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2010
    • 5028

    Congratulations, lot's of fun ahead.

    6" calipers with .001" resolution will work fine.

    The dies that come with the Pro 1000 kit will work for both .38 spl and .357 Mag.

    If you have not bought the scale yet, I would recommend the Dillon Eliminator, it costs twice what the Lee scale costs ($55) but is ten times the scale. The Lee scale works, it just takes a lot of patience to get to know it and make it useful.

    Have fun, good luck.
    When asked what qualities he most valued in his generals, Napoleon said, "give me lucky ones."

    Comment

    • #3
      Southpaw45
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2008
      • 2333

      I just pulled out my Lee dies for .38-.357. The sizing die is marked 38-357 but the belling die and the seating dies are only marked .38spl. The paper that comes in the die case only says .38spl also. I think your OK for both. The caliper you found will work. Is there a Harbor Freight store in your area? If so, they sell digital China made calipers realy cheap and work good. You just got to pull the battery out of them when they sit ilde for a while. Welcome to the world of reloading......
      Cowboy Action Shooter
      Midnight Black Powder Shooter
      S.A.S.S #74217
      Have Guns Will Travel
      .45 Colt Enthusiast
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

      Comment

      • #4
        problemchild
        Banned
        • Oct 2005
        • 6959

        Im in LB if you need some tutoring. I run a D-650 now.

        Comment

        • #5
          BigBronco also not a Cabinetguy
          Calguns Addict
          • Jul 2009
          • 7079

          I have a Lee safety scale I will give you. No charge. Not a great scale but it will get you started. Merry Christmas
          "Life is a long song" Jethro Tull

          Comment

          • #6
            barbasol
            • Feb 2010
            • 954

            Man I love Calguns! Thanks BigBronco that is awesome! I am sure I have something to send your way in the spirit of giving. I will pm you this week.

            I do have a Harbor Freight nearby and planned to check it out. ProblemChild, I don't know if you recall but I came to the skills group in Corona with the EMT and I also ran into you at the very same Harbor Freight in Lakewood. I would love to take you up on my first run to get acclimated.

            Can't wait to start reloading!
            Free Loan Modification Review and Short Sale Info for any Calgunners in Socal. PM me for details
            15% commission rebate and 5% donation to Calguns Foundation for any closed home sale by a Calgunner or referral. PM for details*subject to lender approval

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1