Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Primer Tube Safety

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • socal147
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 1254

    Primer Tube Safety

    I did a search. Read a lot. Here and elsewhere.

    I have a Hornady LnL.

    These primer tubes make me nervous. I am thinking face shield at a minimum. Additional eye protection [glasses under shield]. Gloves. Ear plugs. Maybe add a plexy shield around the whole primer process. Thoughts.
  • #2
    rsrocket1
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 2772

    All those safety measures are perfectly acceptable and no one should criticize you for doing so. Just like casting lead with a full face shield, gloves, jacket, double pants, boots. I also see people casting with bare hands and a T-shirt. Their choice, their risks. It may never be needed, but once is enough to be glad you had that protection.

    The steel jacket around the aluminum tube will focus the blast through the top and protect you from a side blast. A plexy shield will add another layer of protection, but there isn't much room around the tube and you'd better be sure it doesn't add to a static electricity hazard or trap primer dust which will also go off if it accumulates to any quantity.

    Comment

    Working...
    UA-8071174-1