Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

TTSX for .30-30 Can it be done safely?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sk8804
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 721

    TTSX for .30-30 Can it be done safely?

    I am curious and am not a reloader but leverevolution bullets have the same style tip as the barnes ttsx bullets do from what I have felt and seen. Has anybody ever loaded a TTSX for .30-30? It seems like it would be great for accuracy just as the leverevolutions are. Please school me.
  • #2
    toby
    Banned
    • Jan 2010
    • 10576

    No the flex tip is soft the TTSX is hard plastic I would not do it, plus the bullets are not made to open at 30-30 velocities.
    Last edited by toby; 10-02-2011, 6:07 PM.

    Comment

    • #3
      sk8804
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2010
      • 721

      ahhh. I figured there had to be design flaws for that cal. Thank you.

      Comment

      • #4
        Fjold
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Oct 2005
        • 23062

        I know a few guys who load pointed bullets in the tube fed lever guns but they only carry one round in the chamber and one in the magazine.
        Frank

        One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375




        Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

        Comment

        • #5
          buffybuster
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 2615

          Originally posted by Fjold
          I know a few guys who load pointed bullets in the tube fed lever guns but they only carry one round in the chamber and one in the magazine.
          If you're determined to load pointed bullets, this is the way to do it.
          Luck favors the prepared.

          The original battle plan did not survive initial contact with the enemy.

          "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." -Theodore Roosevelt

          Comment

          • #6
            sk8804
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2010
            • 721

            yeah if i did it that would be the way.

            Comment

            • #7
              Munk
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2010
              • 2124

              Why not just load up the FTX bullets? (these are what the leverrevolution use).
              Originally posted by greasemonkey
              1911's instill fairy dust in the bullets, making them more deadly.

              Comment

              • #8
                Whiterabbit
                Calguns Addict
                • Oct 2010
                • 7597

                I'm guessing the need for condor ammo.

                Give barnes an email. They'll tell you how fast you need to push that bullet to expand on game. That may or may not be within the capability of the cartridge. Then again, you may not need much expansion depending on what you are hunting...

                Comment

                • #9
                  sk8804
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2010
                  • 721

                  yeah it has to be leadfree. I will probably just stick to the TSX line since it will be too much trouble with the ttsx. Thanks all

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Whiterabbit
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Oct 2010
                    • 7597

                    can you load multiples when running tsx? I would have thought tsx and ttsx have no advatanges based on tip at all.

                    Meaning I'd be picking based on which requires less velocity to expand.
                    Nevermind. I see barnes offers a tsx FN for 30-30.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1