Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

My "Poor Man's" Reloading Bench

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • flak88mm
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 902

    My "Poor Man's" Reloading Bench

    Send Me your Thoughts.

  • #2
    JAGGUY
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 1548

    That should make as good quality ammo as any other setup...My only thought would be that on resizing rifle brass, pulling up on the press you would need to hold the sawhorse down with your hand....
    1A-2A=-1A

    Comment

    • #3
      ivanimal
      Janitors assistant
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Sep 2002
      • 14365

      You sir are a genius!
      "I would kill for a Nobel peace prize." Steven Wright"
      Board Member CGSSA Donate now!
      NRA lifetime member

      Comment

      • #4
        rsrocket1
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2010
        • 2772

        Originally posted by JAGGUY
        That should make as good quality ammo as any other setup...My only thought would be that on resizing rifle brass, pulling up on the press you would need to hold the sawhorse down with your hand....
        Naw, that's what the front part of an O-frame press is for. Good for you that you don't have a C-frame press.

        Comment

        • #5
          Clownpuncher
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2011
          • 1176

          Other than possibly the limited room to set crap I fail to see a problem with your setup.
          To eliminate any movement on the sawhorse you could always attach a weight or cinder block to it like the Lee portable reloading press bench.
          Support CalGuns by purchasing stuff through this Amazon link: http://www.shop42a.com

          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            VegasND
            Calguns Addict
            • Aug 2007
            • 8621

            Clever. I salute your ingenuity.
            People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.
            --River Tam

            Comment

            • #7
              popeye4
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 1534

              Should be fine as long as you don't tip it over during resizing.....
              sigpic
              NRA Life Member
              CRPA Life Member

              Comment

              • #8
                flak88mm
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2010
                • 902

                Trust me, this little wood seat I got from home depot for 15 dollars doesn't need to be held down while im punching out primers, resizing, seating, etc....

                I am poor, I got reprimanded by my wife for buying the lee kit so I had to come up with a cheap alternative to mount this thing

                Comment

                • #9
                  Bongos
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 4095

                  Originally posted by Clownpuncher
                  Other than possibly the limited room to set crap I fail to see a problem with your setup.
                  To eliminate any movement on the sawhorse you could always attach a weight or cinder block to it like the Lee portable reloading press bench.
                  +1 you are going to have to weigh it down I would not call it a bench, more like a mounting stand

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Clownpuncher
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 1176

                    Originally posted by flak88mm
                    Trust me, this little wood seat I got from home depot for 15 dollars doesn't need to be held down while im punching out primers, resizing, seating, etc....

                    I am poor, I got reprimanded by my wife for buying the lee kit so I had to come up with a cheap alternative to mount this thing
                    She reprimanded you for buying the lee kit?

                    Show her the price of a Dillon... that will quiet her down.
                    Support CalGuns by purchasing stuff through this Amazon link: http://www.shop42a.com

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      epcii
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 637

                      That works, but I bet you have to use your other hand to keep the whole thing from tilting...right? I had a similar setup for a while. I now have something heavier.

                      Edit: Ok, I just saw the post where you did mention it.
                      sigpic
                      Ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders
                      NRA Member

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        bohoki
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 20826

                        mine is a stool and c clamps

                        while reloading i rest a foot on a rung for support

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Cali-Shooter
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 9192

                          "Don't touch!
                          Keep away!"

                          scrawled on by a ball-point pen. You are amazing, a man's gotta do with what he has, and this is an excellent example of that
                          In Glock We Trust.
                          Originally posted by jeep7081
                          My wife sleeps better knowing we have a zombie killer... Saiga AK47! Although my neighbor with his AR has restless nights.
                          Originally posted by AleksandreCz
                          Thank god the Federal Government is there to protect us from the Federal Government
                          WTS: Revision 'Desert Locust' tactical Ballistic/Protective eyewear goggles NEW & USED pairs
                          http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=737563

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            problemchild
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 6959

                            Youll need a brass trimmer after a couple loadings.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Tanner68
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 2147

                              Good job Flak88. I have been looking for a similar solution, and have a pair of spare Burros.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1