Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Selling reloaded ammo

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    BajaJames83
    Calguns Addict
    • Jun 2011
    • 6041

    yeah, im not gonna get into selling ammo.....
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    USMC 2001-2012

    Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

    John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
    James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

    Comment

    • #17
      CSACANNONEER
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Dec 2006
      • 44094

      I have been approached about selling my ammo before and I always tell them "No but, if you want to buy all the components and use my equipment, I'll help you for free." It's surprising how many people drop the subject at that point.
      NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
      California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
      Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
      Utah CCW Instructor


      Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

      sigpic
      CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

      KM6WLV

      Comment

      • #18
        Stormtrooperthunder
        Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 378

        Would there still be a liability for letting someone use your equiptment? A few people have asked me, but im worried about getting sued...

        Comment

        • #19
          CSACANNONEER
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Dec 2006
          • 44094

          Originally posted by Stormtrooperthunder
          Would there still be a liability for letting someone use your equiptment? A few people have asked me, but im worried about getting sued...
          You could be sued because you shaved your face last month. The liability for allowing someone else to use your equipment would be minimal, if any. But, IANAL and may be wrong about this. I just doubt that I would be liable for letting someone use my hammer if they hit their thumb with it or loaned them a dollar and they got hit by a car crossing the street to go to 7-11 to spend it.
          NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
          California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
          Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
          Utah CCW Instructor


          Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

          sigpic
          CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

          KM6WLV

          Comment

          • #20
            thunderbolt
            Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 437

            It seems to me that if you wanna make some money with your reloading equip the easiest way is processed brass. No legalities except taxes and no liability.
            "Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people.
            So meet me at the mission at midnight we'll divy up there.
            Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people.
            Well I have the pistols so I'll keep the pesos. Yeah that seems fair."

            The Refreshments - Banditos

            Comment

            • #21
              joelogic
              Calguns Addict
              • May 2008
              • 6593

              Its not the use of the equipment but the instruction. "I was reloading under that supervision of..."


              Processing brass is tough business. Better off panhandling. $30 for 2 hours of work? Unpacking, lubing, processing, delubing, polishing, repacking, mailing.
              Micro/Mini Reflex Red Dot Sight Mount for the M1, M1a/M14 platform

              Comment

              • #22
                CSACANNONEER
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Dec 2006
                • 44094

                Originally posted by thunderbolt
                It seems to me that if you wanna make some money with your reloading equip the easiest way is processed brass. No legalities except taxes and no liability.
                Process some brass ad tell me it's "easy" . Besides that, are you willing to xray every piece and garantee that I won't have a case blow out? I've personally had this happen with premium Eley .22lr and some older Winchester factory ammo. So, who's to say it won't happen with previously fired brass?
                NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                Utah CCW Instructor


                Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                sigpic
                CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                KM6WLV

                Comment

                • #23
                  thunderbolt
                  Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 437

                  Originally posted by joelogic
                  Its not the use of the equipment but the instruction. "I was reloading under that supervision of..."


                  Processing brass is tough business. Better off panhandling. $30 for 2 hours of work? Unpacking, lubing, processing, delubing, polishing, repacking, mailing.
                  Oh I agree... Got my reloading kit about a month ago and I'm still only half way through processing MY own personal .223 brass supply (about 4K casings) and haven't even thought about my 30-06 or .45 ACP yet. And after all that the best I'm looking at if I sell em is about $80.00 shipped per 1000. Still it's about 3 lbs of powder or 750 rnds worth so I may do it anyway. I'm poor but never poor enough to pan handle. I hate those people.
                  "Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people.
                  So meet me at the mission at midnight we'll divy up there.
                  Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people.
                  Well I have the pistols so I'll keep the pesos. Yeah that seems fair."

                  The Refreshments - Banditos

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1