Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Minor reloading questions.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    damndave
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Oct 2008
    • 10858

    You know you are too hot of a load when you start to see pressure signs. Just load for accuracy and not velocity. Mild loads seem to be more accurate anyway.

    If you arn't using a wet (stainless or ultrasonic) method for tumbling, there is no need to punch the primers out 1st. Also the decapping pin should punch it all out when resizing.

    Add 2 capfuls of NUFinish car polish to your corn cob every couple of batches. Works wonders.

    I also usually find my accuracy load before I get anywhere near the published max.

    Comment

    • #17
      freonr22
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Dec 2008
      • 12948

      thx for the clarification ;-)
      sigpic
      Originally posted by dantodd
      We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
      Originally posted by bwiese
      They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
      Originally posted by louisianagirl
      Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.

      Comment

      • #18
        thunderbolt
        Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 437

        Thanks for all the advice. I have a new round of questions for your consideration.

        I've loaded up two batches to date and I think I've found a good charge (25.2g Varget, 55g fmj-bt, cci #400 primer, OAL 2.256) that give me about 1" - 2" groups out if my 16" AR @ 100yrds. Pics when I get to it. The questions I have are:

        I'm trying to determine my best seating depth. So far I've tried seating a dummy rnd but can't get a consistent reading. The bullets I'm using have a cannelure and I seat and crimp to about the middle of the cannelure. I've read that for AR's to not worry so much about seating depth but focus on feeding reliability but I feel I can get better groups. What do you seat your bullets at?

        I'd like to replicate my fav 5.56 rnds for plinking and have a rough understanding of the difference between the .223 and 5.56 but I'm not sure how that applies to reloading. My AR is chambered in 5.56. What's the diff and how do ire load to it?

        That's about it for now. I'm in the Yuba City area and shoot out at Spenseville (or Beale when I want privacy) if anyone would like to get together and talk reloading or just shoot let me know. Thanks.
        "Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people.
        So meet me at the mission at midnight we'll divy up there.
        Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people.
        Well I have the pistols so I'll keep the pesos. Yeah that seems fair."

        The Refreshments - Banditos

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1