Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Power Pistol Muzzle Flash

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tsname
    Member
    • Jul 2007
    • 135

    Power Pistol Muzzle Flash

    I've been using Hodgdon HS-6 for a while and I like it, though it doesn't meter that well in my Lee Pro 1000. So I decided to try Alliant Power Pistol but I have found that it creates such a large white muzzle flash. Is there any way to reduce this? My loads are as follows:

    124 gr RN-ENC electroplated xtreme bullets
    4.7, 5.0, and 5.3 gr Power Pistol
    CCI SPP
    1.150" COL (trying to remember off the top of my head if this is correct, I'll check in the morning)

    Using very similar load data, I get a smaller orange muzzle flash when I get to my max load of 5.7 gr. Using a lighter charge of 5.3 leaves no flash but a bit of smoke.
    The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

    Originally posted by JeffM
    For every AR that folks plan to use for SHTF, they should have a spare AK in their toolbox.
  • #2
    Southpaw45
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 2333

    Power Pistol powder has always been known for the muzzle flash that it produces. I personally like the powder and consider it to be one of my favorite for small auto handgun loads. My favorite 9mm load is 4.7grns of PP with a 125grn Bear Creek RN cast bullet. Most of my shooting is outdoors so muzzle flash isnt a problem. As long as it burns clean and accuracy is good. Never had any problems metering the powder in anything...
    Cowboy Action Shooter
    Midnight Black Powder Shooter
    S.A.S.S #74217
    Have Guns Will Travel
    .45 Colt Enthusiast
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Comment

    • #3
      tsname
      Member
      • Jul 2007
      • 135

      I have found that Power Pistol meters a lot better than HS-6 with my setup. I also get better accuracy with 5.0 and 5.3 gr but there's a healthy amount of recoil, so I just need to get used to that.

      Now I just need to chrono the damn rounds, anyone have one I can use?
      The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

      Originally posted by JeffM
      For every AR that folks plan to use for SHTF, they should have a spare AK in their toolbox.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1