Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Best place to buy components?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dark Mod
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 4284

    Best place to buy components?

    Im fixing to start loading .223, Dont have any components yet and dont really know what kind of bullets to get. Plan on using IMR 4895 since i have a few pounds of it. Berry's bullets are about $10 per 100 but you have to buy 1000. Anyone know where to get other cheap bullets?
  • #2
    sequoia_nomad
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 803

    That's not a bad price, I would just go ahead and order a thousand. They go by quicker than you'd think.

    Comment

    • #3
      NotEnufGarage
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Oct 2010
      • 4832

      I thought I'd start small, too. A couple pounds of powder, a few hundred bullets and primers...

      In less than a month, that mushroomed to about 4000 primers, 6000 bullets (9mm, .38, .44, .45(ACP and Colt), .223, .30-30, .30-06. I stumbled across a few good deals, like 1/2 price or less on Calguns and at a local reloading shop (Discount Shooters Supply) and couldn't pass them up.

      Don't worry, bullets don't spoil and they won't get any cheaper in the next few years.

      Oh, and 100 bullets won't last me one reloading session.
      sigpic
      NRA Life Member (Benefactor level)

      "Those who give up some of their liberty in order to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty, nor safety." B. Franklin
      Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
      Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

      The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting or competition shooting. It's all about your inalienable rights to life and liberty.

      Comment

      • #4
        Johnny6gun
        Member
        • Dec 2009
        • 201

        Midsouth

        So all my friends seem to think I have a Gun Problem...

        Comment

        • #5
          EWILKE
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2010
          • 562

          HI-techammo.com

          Comment

          • #6
            theduece
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2010
            • 768

            goldenwestbrass.com

            local in elmonte will probably be going up there in the next few days pm me if youd like me to get some for you.(offer is open to any calgunner in orange county)
            ......

            Comment

            • #7
              damndave
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Oct 2008
              • 10858

              Originally posted by NotEnufGarage
              I thought I'd start small, too. A couple pounds of powder, a few hundred bullets and primers...

              In less than a month, that mushroomed to about 4000 primers, 6000 bullets (9mm, .38, .44, .45(ACP and Colt), .223, .30-30, .30-06. I stumbled across a few good deals, like 1/2 price or less on Calguns and at a local reloading shop (Discount Shooters Supply) and couldn't pass them up.

              Don't worry, bullets don't spoil and they won't get any cheaper in the next few years.

              Oh, and 100 bullets won't last me one reloading session.
              Same here. I bought 100 of a few different 308 bullets and after 1 reloading session, I bought about 500 of the ones I liked.

              Then I did the same with 223

              For my 9mm I bought 3750 bullets and 5k primers, and my press isn't here until Monday!!!

              Comment

              • #8
                coyotebait
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2011
                • 1319

                Originally posted by markdoddridge
                Im fixing to start loading .223, Dont have any components yet and dont really know what kind of bullets to get. Plan on using IMR 4895 since i have a few pounds of it. Berry's bullets are about $10 per 100 but you have to buy 1000. Anyone know where to get other cheap bullets?
                Only load a handful and test it first. I loaded about 15 or so with 4895 for the same reason you stated. As it turns out, it wouldn't cycle my mini 14 reliably, even at max load. I switched to reloader 15 and it runs like a scalded dog.
                Just my $0.02, and probably not worth that.
                R.I.P. Chris Kyle. 2/2/13

                Comment

                • #9
                  fabguy
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 1321

                  I go to Phillips Wholesale in covina, GREAT place to get reloading supplies. stopped in there again today for some bullets and knowledge, his prices are good, and his knowledge is priceless.
                  -------------------------------------------

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Spyder
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 17273

                    Look into Precision Reloading. Call Trent. Excellent company with SUPER fast shipping and very good monthly deals.

                    If ya go there, tell them Spyder from PR sent you.

                    precisionreloading.com

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1