Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

30 carbine and varminter HP's

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • coyotebait
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 1319

    30 carbine and varminter HP's

    I'm used to seeing the "varminter" hollow points that are round nosed, half jacketed hollow points. I picked up some Sierra "varminter" hollow points and they're pointed. I think this makes the bullet (projectile) a little longer meaning it's now a compressed load. They seem to fit in the magazine and the chamber just fine. My concern is with the compressed load, am I looking at too much pressure? I'm loading 110 grn bullets with 14.5 grains of IMR 4227. I only loaded a couple rounds....just in case.

    Upon further investigation, these bullets will NOT work. I'm having to seat them WAY to deep to reach my max. case length. Good thing I have a load worked up for 110 grain 300 win mag. (I got bored a few years back )
    Last edited by coyotebait; 05-06-2011, 9:05 PM.
    R.I.P. Chris Kyle. 2/2/13
Working...
UA-8071174-1